Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
AOTM

179 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Kinda Kiss Krossword Kontroversy (for the real Kopfs)
Apr 01, 2009, 19:56
(applause)

What's a seven letter word, going across, for "One Who Rocks"?
(A: 'Mrs Ahab')

Dorian a bad influence on Julian? Crikey

Now don't get personal. This is/should be about Rock'n'Roll and not taking reviewers wives' to task for the vastly overrated crime of influencing someone to (gasp)...love Kiss.

Three women I've been with in the past were far "better" influences. Like turning me onto coffee, cigarettes and champagne in quantities to shame most duty free airport shoppes (Among other things best left unsaid.)

But if I had a real muse such as Dorian? I'd be far more productive and a lot more well-rounded. (I'd still be a Class A fuck up, mind.)

Put it this way: owning "Music From The Elder" would be a very, very small price to pay. Luckily, Kiss do have several great moments in Rock, so...so what?!

I never rated Kiss all that much, but it kicked in a coupla years ago when I saw the first "Kissology" DVD set. I mean, "Acrobat"? WHAT the fuck is this slop and WHY am I laughing so hard? It was about as stupid as the fucking Ramones, first time I heard 'em in 1978. And Ace is a killer guitarist, a brain donated Germanic wiseass supreme to dwarf even myself in the Till Eulenspiegel stakes.

("Dear Diary: The world's been on the edge of economic ruin for months now and I'm busy debating Kiss (not one of my faves) on an online forum. What the fuck: I hate the fucking intertubes. Maybe I will take that free scholarship to the Harvard Business School I got in the mail last week. Oh, wait: I can't. I need to listen to that new "Paranoid" 3CD set. Oh, well: no more blue tomorrows, right? OMG LOL -Love, The Seth Man")

"Krossword" is one kick ass compilation and the cover's about as gimmicky as the band itself. Give it a listen, instead of reacting so lazily. It just might Rock your world.

And if it doesn't, so what? it'll just have to Rock someone else's. (As usual.)

np: "Bloodrocksampler" (both tracks)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index