Unsung Forum »
"Riot on Sunset Strip" incidental music

19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re:"Riot on Sunset Strip" incidental music
Mar 26, 2009, 14:20
Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

Unfortunately the MGM movie channel isn't part of the Freeview package I get - we only get Film Four - but that MP3 is probably good enough to suffice (cheers Seth Man - didn't know it was a Butterfield cover either, so will check out the original as well.).

Zphage - I may well order it on video if it's not too expensive. I've never seen the whole movie, but from what I can garner on the net I get the feeling that its watchability is more down to kitsch appeal than artistic merit (although it does have clips of the Standells and the Chocolate Watch band in it). I did enjoy "Psych-Out", but unfortunately the DVD version I own is a two-fer with "the Trip", and both films are heavily edited, according to the customer reviews on amazon.

I'm off to google Frank Karger now too ... although I own quite a bit of UK library music, the only US stuff I have is that "Welcome to the Ultra-lounge" sampler that came in the fake leopard-skin case, so that's agenre I'd like to hear more of.

And yes, Delirium Tremens is indeed marvellous stuff ... if there's one thing the Belgians are indisputably better at than anyone else it's making beer that's both palatable and strong (as opposed to the UK alkie's choice, Special Brew, which I've always found pretty undrinkable!).

Unsung Forum Index