Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
the dodgy track that ruins an otherwise perfect album.

85 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jan 19, 2009, 00:15
Re: the dodgy track that ruins an otherwise perfect album.
Jan 18, 2009, 14:31
handofdave wrote:
The older I get the more annoyed I get with Roger Waters input into the Floyd in general. I mean... just about everything he wrote was a fucking downer... all paranoia and griping about his mum and how awful it was having to deal with the recording industry. The direction he took the band in from 'Animals' onward just increasingly became a platform for his bitching and moaning. There's still some great performances on those records, but the last thing I want to hear when I want to get psychedelic is somebody laying down a bad trip!

Oh, but come on - it must have been pretty hard for him, having to deal with boxes of money falling off the top of the wardrobe and hitting him all the time!

On a more serious note - this will no doubt be a contentious point here, but to me Pink Floyd was Syd Barrett and Rick Wright - the two sadly deceased ones - and no one else. Like you, I don't particularly enjoy Roger Waters' spoilt-brat rantings, and Gilmour's extended soloing also tends to bore the pants off me. Admittedly he has a pleasant enough singing voice and seems like a decent geezer (for a rock star, anyway), but I wouldn't want to listen to "Shine On you Crazy Diamond" all the way through again for any purpose other than as a sleep aid. As for Nick Mason, he's always given the impression of being more interested in vintage cars than music (although his autobiography is quite entertaining).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index