"I've only got it on vinyl"...

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

"I've only got it on vinyl"...
Dec 29, 2008, 10:35
...Are words you won't here so much in my house now Father Christmas has brought me this.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=225569&&source=14&doy=29m12

Anyone else got one or used one ?

Have converted up to "The Grebo Section" in my record collection so far !!.

:o)

Seems kind of weird that I got it this year after banging on about needing a record player in the car (and being told "Don't be stupid,they don't exist") only to see one on Wallace and Gromit !!
Told you they existed !!!

;o)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re:
Dec 29, 2008, 13:10
No, I did wind up grabbing one of their USB record players though so finally have ability to play vinyl. When I bought it it was 1/2 price which was one of my prompts in buying it.

I know record players did exist for cars cos I've read about John Lennon driving around listening to things. Would think they were deeply impracticable because I don't think you'd get a suspension good enough(to prevent extreme jogging etc). Not being a mechanic though.

Has occurred to me that the vertical record player they were marketing at the time of the mass change over to cd might have addressed the suspension/bumping problem.
Stevo
Np Fleet Foxes Rockpalast set, blooming sublime.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Re:
Dec 29, 2008, 19:21
http://blog.sounddomain.com/gadget/2008/04/top-of-the-line.html
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

Re:
Dec 29, 2008, 19:53
if it came with that car I would certainly be interested! When did our car dash's become so boring? .....oh....I vaguely remember being part of the tech boys developing 'secret til lit' dash lights in the 80s. My fault then!
I really want a vinyl to didge converter...but theres only 'roadhawks' and some old bootlegs that i'm after converting. Not warrented then.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re:
Dec 29, 2008, 20:14
neighbourofthedrude wrote:

:o)

Seems kind of weird that I got it this year after banging on about needing a record player in the car (and being told "Don't be stupid,they don't exist") only to see one on Wallace and Gromit !!
Told you they existed !!!

;o)

Think car record-players were what the 16rpm speed control was invented for (so that the stylus wouldn't jump while you were driving).
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re:
Dec 30, 2008, 10:51
Yeah I was actually thinking of something like that as I typed yesterday. Had a picture of a record player you fed discs into like you feed car cd players. Should have said.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re:
Dec 30, 2008, 17:37
Popel Vooje wrote:
Think car record-players were what the 16rpm speed control was invented for (so that the stylus wouldn't jump while you were driving).

I think 16rpm's were mainly for speech actually. My first record player (a four foot long beast, sounded great after it had warmed up for half an hour) had such a setting. I mainly used it for playing pinkine n perky records at half speed, but we had an album of (iirr) Winston Churchill speeches.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re:
Jan 01, 2009, 10:16
necropolist wrote:

I think 16rpm's were mainly for speech actually.

that was the understanding I had. Not sure exactly where it derived from but must have read it somewhere.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2384 posts

Re:
Jan 01, 2009, 13:32
There is a Laurel & Hardy short
where they have a record player
on the back of their truck , i think
they were selling fish .
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re:
Jan 02, 2009, 08:15
just so out of the box (pardon the cliche) that it makes me feel all odd inside.

i might have a phobia about this.

yyeeeuch

how strange
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index