Your gig of the year

81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Dec 11, 2008, 20:20
Re: Your gig of the year
Dec 11, 2008, 14:15
The best of my year so far would have to be the Wooden Shjips / Heads date at Cargo, and My Bloody Valentine's ear-bleeding noisefest at the Roundhouse. Honorary mentions also go to the DemiMonde at Bardens Boudoir and King Dice at the Fleapit.

There have been other good ones, but nothing that's blown my socks off. Harmonia were decent, but not earth-shattering, at the QEH. The Scott Walker tribute at the Barbican was reasonable. Then there were the Meat Puppets at the Scala, Black Mountain (also at the Scala - who finally seem to have got their PA / monitor configuration sorted to the point where you can hear more than just a bass-heavy sludge, thank f***), Hot Chip at Brixton Academy, the Zombies at Shepherds Bush Empire, Liars at KOKO, and Fuck Buttons at the Astoria (although headliners Battles bored the pants off me).

Then there were the two that might have been but weren't - Holy Fuck at the 100 Club (cancelled) and, of course, Julian at the RFH (also cancelled).

I have high-hopes for the Black Angels at ULU next week - especially if they bring along a certain hirsute Texan bloke who's been singing with them over in the States of late.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index