Cold Sun, Golden Dawn, Bubble Puppy recent Texan Psychedelic reissues

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Cold Sun, Golden Dawn, Bubble Puppy recent Texan Psychedelic reissues
Nov 29, 2008, 11:44
Ok, I still find the 'lesser' or whatever you'd call them tracks pretty rewarding.
I'm also not sure about how much they wanted to be the Elevators. I know there's biographical crossover between the bands in the shape of lead singer George Kinney & Roky having grown up together and been in earlier bands together so could put it down to shared influence. I'd also say that the sound was significantly different enough, wouldn't think of it as being a clone or anything. GD seem way more folk rock/pop hook orientated than the Elevators for one thing. I tend to think of it as being a pretty individual lp. As are the 13FE of course & i can't remember if I've gone through any periods of playing the lps back to back which might lead me to other conclusions. I don't really think so though.
Haven't really heard the other, lesser IA artists or other bands presumably coming up in the same scene. Would think that scenes tend to have some elements of shared sound. Were there scores of bands garaging the model that 13FE were having some success with? Though always thought that 13FE came out with their particular sound because of the interplay between the individual personalities involved & would say the same with GD I think.

Would be interesting to read the book thing that the new Charly reissue of Power Plant comes with to see what that revealed. Unlikely to get it right now though since I've already got the older one. Akarma or Get Back or something.

Unsung Forum Index