Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Zappa lUMPY gRAVY 4OTH
Oct 27, 2008, 01:42
Glam Descendant wrote:
Then why did they remaster the material? Furthermore it is *not* merely academic, those bootlegs are not the remastered material; I bought one of those bootlegs a few years back and it was sub-par, in terms of sound quality (surprise).

That Gail quote was only from a few days ago, and that remaster was done maybe 12 years ago. I think the focus for them is now solely on recordings that Zappa had a hand in preparing, fully or partially, before they take on other projects. Most of Mofo was stuff Zappa had complied while working on the YCDTOSA series, and so I anticipate Lumpy Money to be likewise. Also she mentions another version of CPIII in the near future, that would be interesting.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Oct 27, 2008, 04:01
Academic in that, given the well-documented issues, Beefheart/the Beefheart Camp chose to release what they did....so be grateful at least that you have the bootleg(s) of what might have been...
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Oct 27, 2008, 04:05
Have to add another comment on this - bootlegs are bootlegs..you cant moan about the quality!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Oct 27, 2008, 06:04
Frank Zappa issued the Lumpy Gravy original on Capitol possibly the way he wanted, in the USA, until Verve sued Capitol for $30'000 and the rights to the work. I believe a 4-track cartridge (not 8 track) leaked out commercially. Thats what I have been lead to believe. I found a photo of the 4 track and put it on my flickr account
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index