Unsung Forum »
"Scott Walker" "gig" "details"

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

"Scott Walker" "gig" "details"
Oct 20, 2008, 15:13
For those who are going, some of the people involved in his thing at The Barbican next month have now been announced. There will now also be people expressing the works of the absent Mr Walker through the medium of modern dance.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Oct 20, 2008, 15:29
Re:
Oct 20, 2008, 15:24
Lord Lucan wrote:
For those who are going, some of the people involved in his thing at The Barbican next month have now been announced. There will now also be people expressing the works of the absent Mr Walker through the medium of modern dance.

The "horror"!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re:
Oct 20, 2008, 15:32
I think this probably does fall into Eno and Bowie's category of The New Pretentiousness, but am looking forward to it nevertheless.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re:
Oct 20, 2008, 15:39
New Pretentiousness? I'm not finished with the old yet. Mwah!
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re:
Oct 20, 2008, 16:06
Just an observation

I notice you and Super Cat both go "Mwah!"

Both your given last names are "Cat".

Are you related?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Oct 20, 2008, 16:50
Re:
Oct 20, 2008, 16:50
Possibly somewhere along the feline family line, although I never get asked to familly do's. Maybe I'm the black cat of the family ;^)
Punak The Destroyer
Punak The Destroyer
5 posts

Re:
Oct 21, 2008, 23:36
Good grief...modern dance?? I'm going to need a few stiff drinks before this, I think. Still thoroughly excited about the whole thing, though...not many records have had such a profound (and weird) effect on me as The Drift and Tilt. I might even do some modern dance myself, if the mood takes me.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re:
Oct 22, 2008, 00:25
Punak The Destroyer wrote:
Good grief...modern dance?? I'm going to need a few stiff drinks before this, I think. Still thoroughly excited about the whole thing, though...not many records have had such a profound (and weird) effect on me as The Drift and Tilt. I might even do some modern dance myself, if the mood takes me.

If it's anything like the piece that was offered at his Meltdown a few years back, it's more performance art than regular dance. And surprisingly enjoyable. Wish I could be there to see it.
Unsung Forum Index