Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2008, 13:16
Re: Bands You Just Don't Get ...
Oct 04, 2008, 11:30
bubblehead2 wrote:
Blimey, they're the three that sprang to my mind too. Er, i haven't got a downer on Manchester BTW, it's probably related to E's and the fact i've never taken any. Was all partied out by 87/88 and into my domestic period !

And The Smiths for me too. I'll concede that Mozzer's written some great lyrics, only i prefer to read them than hear them.

Of course there's quite a few more to add to the list but those 4 are the ones others are surprised i don't appreciate.

The E thing passed me by too. Was too busy being loved-up for real and bringing up my kids.

One look at Flowered Up or The Farm or Shed 7 made me want to vomit.

I thought New Order were good when they had Barnsey rapping. Monday and Roses were just comedy acts to me. The musical equivalent of Harry Enfield's scally wig and shell suit gag. Oh and I forgot to add Primal Scream to that list. Don't get them at all.

I can see why people like The Smiths and for me they get an eternal free pass for the song Meat Is Murder and that "smack me on the patio" line in Reel Around The Fountain. I am not a fan though. Hate that hi-life meets Duane Eddy thing that Johnny Marr was into. Suede were more convincing glam fakers and Butler the better Ronno knock-off.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index