Unsung Forum »
NWOBHM

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
laurena86
2 posts

Re: NWOBHM
Jan 14, 2009, 21:23
While we're discussing NWOBHM just thought I'd mention that 80s band Stampede (formed in 1981 by song-writing duo Reuben and Laurence Archer) - are reforming this year!

http://www.myspace.com/stampedeofficial
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 21:42
I have indeed already noted this! Had the live bootleg thing and saw 'em once. Can't for the life of me remmember where though. Ipswich Gaumont, perhaps, supporting.........?

While I'm here (and talking about Ipswich Gaumont support slots!) anyone remember Wolf FKA Black Axe? 'Edge Of TheWorld' is an underrated NWOBHM classic, and no mistake!
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 21:51
Yeah, saw Wolf support UFO, back in either 81 or 82 and seem to remember em being pretty good!

Think they had one feature in KKKKEEEEERRRRRAAANNNNGGGG!!!!!
And then nothing!?
riotmaster
1563 posts

Jan 14, 2009, 23:54
Even though I grew up on metal/rock, I have to confess non of the NWOBHM bands really did anything for me

They all looked like plumbers, which to a impressionable child didn't scream out 'ROCK N ROLL'

Kerrang's Armed & Ready section was ace though, and seemed to feature all these type of bands in glorious black and white

I had a drink with someone from the Handsome Beasts not long ago. Was sad to find the porky one (who was naked in the pig pen on one sleeve) is now dead, and that the current line up features no one from the original band. Apparently :-(
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 15, 2009, 02:59
Yeah I remember seeing that record cover -- "Beastiality" I think it was called...
riotmaster
1563 posts

Jan 15, 2009, 12:51
Yep. One of the best album cover ever :-)

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7508/7beastsco2.jpg
laurena86
2 posts

Sep 12, 2009, 18:01
laurena86 wrote:
While we're discussing NWOBHM just thought I'd mention that 80s band Stampede (formed in 1981 by song-writing duo Reuben and Laurence Archer) - are reforming this year!

http://www.myspace.com/stampedeofficial

They are playing The Robin 2 in Bilston on Saturday 19th September - their official reunion date.

Advanced tickets are only £8 and available here - http://www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/giginfo.asp?gigid=1742

Doors open at 7.30pm, support comes in the form of prestigious Classic Rock tribute band TRANZAM.

Should be a great night!

They are working on their new album at the moment :)
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Edited Feb 13, 2013, 10:07
Wrathchild
Feb 13, 2013, 09:54
I just dug this thread up, doing a search on Wrathchild.

I worked for their record company, back in the day - and, years before that, was in a band who had a rehearsal room in an old farmhouse, near Evesham, where they were our next door neighbours!

It was an interesting idea; two small isolated semi-detactched cottages. Each of the rooms rented to a different band. All of them, upstairs and downstairs, full of gear: Drum kits, amps, PAs and whatever else. It was fuckin' noisy some times.

And the reason I dug this up? Well, I find myself sharing the bill with them at a festival, this coming Summer. It'll be nice to catch up.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 13, 2013, 10:19
Seeing as this has been unearthed...

Does anyone recall Nightwing? They were a kind of melodic/pomp rock band that I think had been going for awhile and they also started getting a bit more press when the NWOBHM was in full swing sorta like Magnum did. I'm pretty sure I saw them as a support band a few times and kinda liked 'em but never got any albums. I was just googlin' them the other day. Now it seems their albums go for quite a lot.

ps The 'Delete' game is still going.
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Re: Wrathchild
Feb 13, 2013, 10:26
Kid Calamity wrote:
I just dug this thread up, doing a search on Wrathchild.

I worked for their record company, back in the day - and, years before that, was in a band who had a rehearsal room in an old farmhouse, near Evesham, where they were our next door neighbours!

It was an interesting idea; two small isolated semi-detactched cottages. Each of the rooms rented to a different band. All of them, upstairs and downstairs, full of gear: Drum kits, amps, PAs and whatever else. It was fuckin' noisy some times.

And the reason I dug this up? Well, I find myself sharing the bill with them at a festival, this coming Summer. It'll be nice to catch up.

After apparently recently failing an audition to get back into his own old band, original Wrathchild singer Rocky Shades has formed a new group, called Wildside Riot. They have a new album out entitled 'No Second Take'.

I actually witnessed Wildside Riot live at Hard Rock Hell in Wales last year. And I believe that if you can't think of anything nice to say about somebody, then you shouldn't say anything at all.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index