Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Randlepmcmurphy
Randlepmcmurphy
30 posts

Re: The Clash. The Best band ever ?
Jul 28, 2008, 19:37
red paeony wrote:
Randlepmcmurphy wrote:
... Now i know this place is full of hippies...

Good Lawd RandleP, that is one helluva qualifier! You'll get some stick for that one!

Nowthen,

I do like the early Clash very much, personally. White Riot, Police and Thieves, Safe European Home, are all great tracks. I like Give 'Em Enough Rope, but Black Market Clash is probably my favorite of anything by them. Armagideon Time, and their cover of Pressure Drop is better than the original.

But, the best band EVER? I'm not able to boil everything away in the musical soup of my life and pick just one band.

I remember, after they split and Big Audio Dynamite formed, thinking that you could then easily tell which tracks were written by Strummer, and which were by Jones.

Speaking of Jones...er, Tones, did you two make it down to The Mill tonight? I understand he's building up a tolerance for this coming weekends' birfday festivities. Sadly, I won't be there to make him his full breakfast or fetch him his paracetemol in the morning.

Oh, and they are a nice group 'round here ;-) x

Good evening red paeony

Mr. Tones wasn't in the Mill on Saturday night he hasn't been the same since he saw The Fall. Last time i saw him he was speaking in a broad Mancunian accent smoking rollies and picking fights with hoodies outside the betting shop........................not true of course...........IT WAS THE BANK (Boom Boom). I will no doubt join him for a small dry sherry on friday night and don't worry i'll look after him. I bet that's put your mind at rest. Sorry if i've gone off topic here so i'll get it back

GO CLASH
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index