89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 11, 2008, 07:29
Re: Decent video footage instead
Jul 11, 2008, 07:28
I wonder to what extent people would be satisfied with getting decent video footage of the bands concerned at their peak. Not quite the same thing as being in a crowd and soaking up the atmosphere admittedly. On the other hand it does give you the opportunity to watch things at your own pace and probably from a better vantage point. & doesn't mean the artist well past his prime trying to recapture the moment since its the moment itself captured on film/video.
Getting whatever video stuff I have over the last year has certainly enhanced my understanding of certain bands. One that comes to mind is Flipper who I thought played with 2 basses going at the same time. They don't, they had 2 people who played bass or sang not at the same time but interchanged.

Now to get the Swans live 88 footage from Jarboe through the Young God site. Finally got audio of the band from then last year now for video.

There have been a couple of bands that possibly did improve in reunion. One I'd cite would be Dinosaur Jr, I think they're better players now than in 88. Was certainly deeply impressed when they played here.
Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index