Unsung Forum »
"A fifty year old man" etc.

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 12:24
"(The title track of the last one was possibly my fave track released last year!!)"

How dare you like it that much!

Must admit I found the Post TLC album as complete cack as the collab album with Mouse on mars, but each to their own. I think the new album has that raw feel in tradition with Dragnet and Are You Are Missing Winner (which everyone seems to think is crap but is totally unsung IMO).

Was the Wire gig good?

8)
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 12:28
dave clarkson wrote:
It's interesting that he cites 'Room To Live' as a very unsung Fall album. I've always thought it was one of their best alongside Hex and Dragnet but it has always been downplayed by the critics.

agreed! /// for me, between grotesque + perverted by language (if i'm in a good mood, i'll include those 2 recs too) The Fall were totally unstoppably incontrovertibly The Best Band in the World
keith a
9565 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 12:38
I guess that's the beauty of The Fall. They even divide their fans! ; )

Wire was really good...

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/46407/threaded/594702

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/46407/threaded/594706

What about your gig - how did it go? Believe there's another coming up soon, let me know the details and I'll try and make it if I can.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 13:21
Sounds like a good gig. The question and answer thing with John Robb sounded a bit like a laugh - probably as funny as the Q and A thing with Wolfgang Flur at last year's Futuresonic. Apparently the Fall were on at Salford Uni last Sat too.

Our gig went OK. Al Hempsall bought a few CD's too which helped pay the room hire. Finished about 11.30pm - pity gigs at the academy don't start at midnight as liked to have seen the Wire one. Next gig we got is Triclops with Sisters of Transistors at St Clements Church, Chorlton, a week Friday (16th), 8pm - it's free.

8)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 16:07
'Grotesque' - 'Container Drivers'. Fuck yes, going to dig that out.
It's just ear wormed me from my subconcious when I saw the album name in your post.
keith a
9565 posts

Re:
May 07, 2008, 17:25
Will check my busy social calendar! ; )

Apparently I sorta know one of the Sisters! Will let you know if I can make it.
charlbury
81 posts

Re:
May 08, 2008, 00:07
Book's great (at least the first 100 pages I've read so far).
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re:
May 08, 2008, 08:37
"obvious fabrication of stuff to his benefit."

Having not read the book yet - please elaborate.....
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re:
May 08, 2008, 11:06
There's a 'just a slight tendency' to keep his story as he would want it. Either this is a result of substance abuse/ memory loss or 'keeping his image' intact. One example being that he says he sacked Marc Riley on his wedding day. But that's just Smith though and what I love about him is the fact that he doesn't give a shit. The book is a great entertaining read in the same way '24 hour party people' was a great entertaining film.

8)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re:
May 08, 2008, 11:18
He was intereviewed on R4 about it last week. To practically every question he replied "that was the ghost writer, wait 'til I see him tonight. It's quite good, though, innit?"
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index