Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Most Influential Band of Last 20-25 years
May 01, 2008, 00:02
zphage wrote:
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Interestingly this is a question that none here can answer, as music over the last 20-25 years is not as important as it should be, as whoever had stewardship over the Golden Goose who laid the Golden Eggs sure scrambled them worthless.

Come on, elucidate.

OK, I have a theory back in primitive times when there was no hope of obtaining Fender Telecasters/stratocasters Gibson Les pauls.. young men were buying italian and german guitars, if their parents would sign up for the HP payments..if they were LUCKY...or you had to make your own from the Drawing Board that you nicked from school...its in total contrast from now when you can buy a servicable strat type guitar for less than 3 or 4 days wages...yet the quality of creativity then was inversely proportional to the quantity of gear that was simply not available. I feel that there was the Golden Goose of creativity that set markers in the ground and Magic was created. It seems that youth culture was a wholly communal affair and not so fragmented as it is now. There are so many musicians from the early 60's that went through this period of limited equpment, they are still at the top of their field...people like Albert Lee, page, Mclaughlin, possibly Davy Graham, Beck, Danny & Richard Thompson, Rod Argent NOosha Foxxx....

and so on. I feel guilty in having so many guitars!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index