Unsung Forum »
Morrissey slaggers!!

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: Morrissey slaggers!!
Apr 08, 2008, 13:03
He's lived in LA and Rome for quite some time now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is an abundance of non-Brits in these cities.

He's never to my knowledge supported the National Front. He's spoken against them (though admittedly not quickly enough). This from Big O.

"MORRISSEY SUES AND WINS

Rock star Morrissey, ex-Smiths, has sued reviewer David Quantick and the NME for a review that he says calls him a racist and hypocrite.

Quantick wrote in a review for the recently released Greatest Hits album that "For his waving of the flag (for publicity too, it would seem), for his ingrained habit of paying lip service to anti-racism while talking like an old Tory immigration spokesman, and for his abandonment of everything that made The Smiths a band for outsiders, Morrissey should be ashamed of himself."

Caroline Kean, on behalf of the NME, told the court "My Lord, on behalf of the Defendants, I confirm everything my Friend, the Claimant's solicitor, has said.
The Defendants offer their sincere apologies to the Claimant. They hope that by making this Statement, the matter will be clarified once and for all and the record will have been set straight."

It seems that was not enough. In a statement, Morrissey said, "I am obviously delighted with this victory and the clearing of my name in public where it is loud and clear for all to hear. The NME have calculatedly tried to damage my integrity and to label me as a racist in order to boost their diminishing circulation. Word Magazine made the mistake of repeating those allegations, which they now accept are false and, as a result, have apologised in Open Court. I will now continue to pursue my legal action against the NME and its editor until they do the same."

There will be blood, eh."

Anyway, I'm bored of this. You enjoy listening to that aging man in short trousers and I'll enjoy listening to someone who writes intelligent lyrics.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index