Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue
Mar 19, 2008, 03:20
http://blogs.legacyrecordings.com/thesoundboard/ar-news/the-return-of-dennis-wilsons-pacific-ocean-blue/

June 20th release with 20 unreleased tracks, link has info and full track listing
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue
Mar 19, 2008, 19:06
Hurrah for that, and about bloody time!
redbarchetta
redbarchetta
335 posts

Mar 19, 2008, 19:59
This is truly great news - Pacific Ocean Blue is probably the greatest of all the Beach Boys solo albums.

Equally exciting is that the Bamboo (or Bambu) sessions appear have been tacked onto this release.

Being a Beach Boys anorak, just one gripe : who oh why has Baby Blue been left off the selection of Bamboo tracks ? It's by far and away the best tune from those sessions ... shome mishtake shurely?
1001realapes
1001realapes
2379 posts

Mar 21, 2008, 21:41
Baby Blue is beautiful !
i have it on the 30 Years 4cd box , is
the Bambu version a different take ?
jazzer
123 posts

Mar 22, 2008, 09:44
I have this on vinyl, I paid quite a lot for it as I was told it was amazing.....but just like all the Beach Boys stuff its just crap!
keith a
9565 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2008, 10:35
Mar 22, 2008, 10:34
As it's a Beach Boy solo project did it not cross your mind that it might sound just an eenie weenie bit like a group you think are crap?
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jun 13, 2008, 19:08
bump
redbarchetta
redbarchetta
335 posts

Jun 14, 2008, 08:49
1001realapes wrote:
Baby Blue is beautiful !
i have it on the 30 Years 4cd box , is
the Bambu version a different take ?

Yes it is .. in fact, the Bambu version is *much* better, which makes me wonder why it was left off the box set. Having said that, the version I have does have pretty poor sound quality, so that may be why it hasn't been issued.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2008, 09:30
Jul 01, 2008, 09:28
This came through the door yesterday. Pretty nice stuff.
Will listen to it more over the next few days.

It's got nice packaging except for one detail. Surely whoever was designing it should have noticed that the flap on it that allows the gatefold to open makes it a bit difficult to hold while reading the booklet? Would have thought reversing the locations for disc1 and the booklet would be an obvious answer. Or Making the booklet detached with a pocket in that space?
But apart from that it looks beautiful and sounds pretty good. I need to listen to the Bambu disc still though.
Stevo
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Jul 01, 2008, 10:37
I've been disappointed with it. I don't think Pacific Ocean Blue is that great an album. A lot of the songs are pretty lack lustre. The Bambu sessions sound better to me. A couple of real classics in there.

Dave B
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index