Plant Speaks, No Zep Tour...
Feb 12, 2008, 19:25
http://www.nme.com/news/nme/34301
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Re: Plant Speaks, No Zep Tour...
Feb 12, 2008, 19:50
No Zep tour? That's the best news I've heard all week!
coldrumhead
608 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 19:54
I respect that.
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 19:58
yeh but never say never.plant bless him , likes to have projects and never rests on his laurels,personally i think he has made the most amazing music the last couple of yrs,lucky enough to see him and the strange sensation in london couple of yrs ago and amazin man truly hope he does more with that collection of dudes, if im honest more so than zepp,justin adams is a excellent guitarist , and unlike previous plant guitar players, doesnt try to be jimmy, cause he is unique in his sound/ style, check out his new cd african blues stuff,if zepp dont get together again least went out on a high , with dignity and quality
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 20:22
You have to bear in mind the interview was done the morning after the gig and he may well have changed/will change his mind in due course...

Dave B
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 20:38
Davey_B wrote:
You have to bear in mind the interview was done the morning after the gig and he may well have changed/will change his mind in due course...

Dave B

Let's all hope, for the sake of modern music, if nothing else, that ol' Planty sticks to his guns....
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 20:49
Let's hope not.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 23, 2008, 14:39
Feb 12, 2008, 20:49
If they're offered $80,000,000, I reckon that gun'll come unstuck fairly quickly. I remember Black Francis stating as late as 2003 that there would never be a Pixies re-union. It was the same with Lou Reed and the V.U. - even two days before they had that allegedly spontaneous onstage re-union in Paris, he was saying it would never happen. Just as in politics, it seems you can't believe anything in the music industry until it's been officially denied.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 21:14
Popel Vooje wrote:
If they're offered $80,000,000, I reckon that gun'll come unstuck fairly quickly. I remember Black Francis stating as late as 203 that there would neevr be a Pixies re-union. It was the same with Lou Reed and the V.U. - even two days before they had that allegedly spontaneous onstage re-union in Paris, he was saying it would never happen. Just as in politics, it seems you can't believe anything in the music industry until it's been officially denied.

Different ball park, dude. Frank Black and Uncle Lou spoke to the kids on the street. All Rubber Plant ever did was cry for his mama!
riotmaster
1563 posts

Feb 12, 2008, 21:24
there's been a long time since that gig, and i've no doubt Percy's been having a change of mind

and i pray he has. because they sounded fantastic at the 02 and i want to see em for myself
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index