Re: CAN : How To Buy Mojo Guide
Jan 25, 2008, 22:03
don't necessarily like 'em all, but they're all worth listening to
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Jan 28, 2008, 15:39
I've been holding off on buying the post-Future Days albums until they release deluxe (2 CD) reissues a la Jehovahkill (or much of The Fall's catalog).

However, I'm beginning to think that maybe Can won't release 2-CD versions any time soon. Too bad, if that's the case.

Anyone heard any info about upcoming Can reissues?
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Jan 28, 2008, 17:24
I don't like all of them at all, especially the spottier of the post-Damo records, but I am glad I have em and have heard them....The only one that doesn't contain at least one good cut is Out of Reach, which is laughably bad. I always thought they should have put out 3 best ofs for new fans or casual fans, 'the Mooney Years', then 'the Damo Years' and finally the 'No Real Frontman to Speak Of Years.'
coldrumhead
608 posts

Jan 28, 2008, 19:03
postyesterdayman wrote:
'No Real Frontman to Speak Of Years.'

Those albums are worth a reappraisal....you can cull at least an albums worth of great stuff from them...
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Jan 29, 2008, 14:29
I agree but they still were the no real frontman years...I was being serious about the 3 comps....I think you could put out a very good best of from the post-Damo albums...what would you put on it?!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

CAN : Bootlegs !!
Jan 29, 2008, 14:40
In case any of you folks missed these.......

http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/2007/12/bunch-of-can.html

;-)
1001realapes
1001realapes
2379 posts

Jan 29, 2008, 17:07
Thanks for the link,
ive still not heard
Prehistoric Future.

Anyone heard their
version of Silent Night ?
ilovarech
82 posts

Jan 29, 2008, 17:11
I love " Thief " from " Delay " ...
coldrumhead
608 posts

Jan 29, 2008, 17:59
postyesterdayman wrote:
I agree but they still were the no real frontman years...I was being serious about the 3 comps....I think you could put out a very good best of from the post-Damo albums...what would you put on it?!

Just noticed this.Off the top of my head a few choices would be:-

Chain reaction
Quantum Physics
Half past one
Gomorrha
Unfinished
I want more
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2008, 18:26
Jan 29, 2008, 18:26
Like Faust IV, I think Can's Virgin output's a bit underrated myself (guilty by association ?, although i thought they were a really good label at the time ) ...

Don't think Saw Delight made it onto the buyers guide ( and rightly so ) but it's worth having for Animal Waves alone ( one of Karoli's finest moments IMO, so no doubt, guitar wank hell for others ! )

Can't be objective about Flow Motion as it was the first Can record i heard and i still love it today, even the cod-reggae. It's got one of the best productions i've ever heard too, that mix is positively 3D !

As for Landed, if it wasn't for the sheer awesomeness of some of their earlier recordings it would probably be regarded as a classic, Vernal Equinox / Hunters and Collectors / Unfinished, are in my book.

Even the non Virgin, ' Spanner ' CD has one great track on it in 'All Gates Are Open '

I'm with Konaman on this one !
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index