http://www.rockaway.com/online/online/title.php?ItemID=12156

Very interesting item at a serious price
Suitcase of Courage
Suitcase of Courage
78 posts

Re: A Zappa Acetate FRom Herb Cohen's Basement
Jan 24, 2008, 01:26
$13'000

I remember a newly unearthed Velvet U acetate went for $200'000, for what was the same material.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jan 24, 2008, 01:59
I guess at least we can be sure there is a copy of the master tape(s) for this in FZ's vault...so, if it's any good, Dweezil and the family could well release it. Notwithstanding the scope of the archive, as this made it to acetate, I presume it is one of the proposed 1969 12-LP set "The History And Collected Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention"?
Suitcase of Courage
Suitcase of Courage
78 posts

Jan 24, 2008, 04:13
I question the price on the item, if as you say there is a master tape in the Zappa Vault. I reckon a lot of material turned up on the Necessity is... bootleg, stuff like Igors boogie. There is a credit to 'Phil Wenz' that has baffled a few since the item has been disclosed into the Public domain.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 24, 2008, 15:26
geoffrey_prime wrote:
I guess at least we can be sure there is a copy of the master tape(s) for this in FZ's vault...so, if it's any good, Dweezil and the family could well release it. Notwithstanding the scope of the archive, as this made it to acetate, I presume it is one of the proposed 1969 12-LP set "The History And Collected Improvisations Of The Mothers Of Invention"?

Yes, my understanding this is part of "History"
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 24, 2008, 15:31
http://www.rockaway.com/online/online/artistlist.php?ItemID=0&searchstring=zappa&searchdate=mm/dd/yyyy

This is a listing for EVERyTHing: posters, letters, film scripts, Gold Records, Promo Vinyl, ZAppa, Tim BUckley, Lord Buckley, Lenny Bruce
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Apr 01, 2008, 18:22
Give this a bump, lots of stuff some may be interested.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Apr 01, 2008, 21:33
zphage wrote:
geoffrey_prime wrote:

Yes, my understanding this is part of "History"

An acetate of side 1 and side 2 of the History & Collected Improvisations..turned up in the late 70's. This acetate is probably not part of the projected boxset.

Has the description and offer for sale of ITEM dissappeared?
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Apr 01, 2008, 21:55
Both rockaway posts seem to work; check out first posting for description.
Unsung Forum Index