Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy
Jan 23, 2008, 10:07
Dog 3000 wrote:
If you were a young'un during the reign of Motorhead / Iron Maiden / NWOBHM, or the mythical "1977" thing, then I can see that. But that's not the context I heard them in. (Do ya feel old yet?)

Of course conjecture is conjecture -- but I seriously doubt Cobain would be lionized if he was still alive (same for Jim Morrison et al)

I hope you're not insinuating that I liked Iron Maiden or NWOBHM? I've chinned people for less! ; )

I may have been young when Iron Maiden and the NWOBHM started, but thankfully was wise enough to know that despite what Sounds told us, it was a pile of poo. I thought it was laughable tbh.

I don't include Motorhead in that though. I'm not a major fan or anything, but they're clearly in a different league that to all that poodle rock nonsense. And everyone should have Ace Of Spades in their collection!

But otherwise, I think Hendrix, Zep and Sabbath had pretty much said everything that needed to be said in that hard rock genre.

PS I'm not saying that Kurt would have been 'lionized' if he was still alive. Course his death had something to do with (as I said re how Axl would be viewed if he'd popped his clogs). Kurt may well have just released his sixth consecutive shit album and be on some Grunge revival tour with a Mark /Arm-less Mudhoney and a version of The Cows with one original member. I just don't think he'd be forgotten which is something very different from saying he'd been lionized.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index