Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy
Jan 22, 2008, 19:52
[quote="Dog 3000"]

In some ways GNR was "grunge before grunge".
quote]

Sorry, Dog. That doesn't wash with me at all. That just sounds like someone desperate to justify what they liked when they were 15!!

It's nothing to be ashamed of. I liked Status Quo when I was 15!

As for G'n'R....they were just the latest in a long line of naff post-Zep trad rock bands IMO, except like Bon Jovi they were a pop band dressed up in rock clothing. Unfortunately, their pop songs weren't even good pop songs. I only have to hear the opening bars of Paradise City and I'm running to the door. I'd rather listen to Dana!

And I honestly can't see any connection between G'n'R and the likes of Nirvana, Tad, etc, other than they played guitars, etc. It's a bit like trying to justify the Bay City Rollers by saying they were punk before punk because they wore straight-ish trousers. Honestly, other than being funny (for no doubt the wrong reasons!) I can find no single redeeming factor in G'n'R whatsover. They were a joke then, they're a joke now, and frankly the longer Axel takes before he unleashes his next pile of poo on an undeserving world, the better as far as I'm concertned.

Phew. I feel better now...

; )
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index