Unsung Forum »
£7 Japrocksamplers in HMV & FOPP

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

£7 Japrocksamplers in HMV & FOPP
Jan 02, 2008, 18:12
Just thought I'd point out that Japrocksampler is on great reduction at HMV in the centre of London & FOPP Cambridge Circus.
Think I tried to point that out as a PS somewhere on village pump last week. Probably too late for most of you anyway.

I also saw the Fall's 2002 A Touch sensitive dvd for £3 in the HMV near Oxford Circus last week. There were a few copies there at that price then, not sure if they'd be that store exclusive either.
Stevo
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Edited Jan 03, 2008, 18:55
Re: £7 Japrocksamplers in HMV & FOPP
Jan 03, 2008, 13:03
Oops thought it was Krautrocksampler
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jan 04, 2008, 18:05
Jan 04, 2008, 17:50
Also saw a stack of Megalithic Europeans in the remainder/2nd hand section at Foyles yesterday for £13 each.

& FOPP also had Clinton Heylin's From The Velvets to The Voidoids for £5 & the first Looney Tunes Golden Collection for £16 which I'd be tempted by if I didn't already have a stack of stuff to take back. Don't want to repeat last year where I only got through to my flight because somebody hadn't taken payment from my credit card yet. Don't think I'm going to be travelling with anything like the same weight anyway.

FOPP's also got 2 of the 3 Sonic Youth Deluxe sets at £10 as well as Who & Cure. & I bought the Garth Merenghi's Dark Place dvd there for £6. Didn't see Nathan Barley on sale or I might've grabbed it after finally seeing it at a friend's place.

Several places around town are doing Love Is The song we Sing for £39 as a sale item. i think CdWow has it for £10 cheaper though. & I'd reccommend it having got it for Xmas.

Lush was giving away their Xmas gift boxes last week if you spent £15+ on items. Having no store anywhere near me I stocked up on shower gel & got a free Xmas Present box. Got it home & they're using popcorn as packing ballast which is strange. Not sure what to do with perfumed popcorn now. Not sure what happens to recyclable foodstuffs don't want wildlife getting too into natural cosmetics, they might get hooked.
Stevo
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Jan 04, 2008, 20:32
I got my Megalithic European from the Works in Tamworth. for a mega £4.99. Happy new year everyone. cheers..
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jan 05, 2008, 12:30
Fun With Music Retail
Jan 05, 2008, 12:23
When Fopp went down a lot of small labels got royally fucked over when their distributors' insurance ceased to cover them for payments on which the Fopp management had defaulted.

Like Virgin before them Fopp had been going for many months without paying some of their suppliers while marketing themselves as the paragons of a fan and musician friendly record chain. Ho ho ho.

Lo and behold Fopp go under and and the remaining stock, having been "purchased" for a fraction of its value and to little or no beneft to the labels or artists concerned, miraculously ends up back in the UK market at a fraction of their regular retail price.

The end result being that said labels not only don't get paid for their records but are competing with a heavily discounted 'fire sale' courtesy of HMV and their feral friends.

Rather than taking advantage of such offers it is tempting to consider downloading these records for free and then buying a piece of merch from the artist's web site instead!

And they say downloading is killing the industry ....
Unsung Forum Index