Zep Mothership dvd

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Zep Mothership dvd
Dec 03, 2007, 08:59
Does anybody know the contents of the dvd that comes with one of the Mothership editions? Just saw it on the racks in the local HMV yesterday and it had tracklisting but no sources. & so far I'm finding the same online.

Is it a limited edition or will it be around longer? Does tempt me to buy the set.
Stevo
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: Zep Mothership dvd
Dec 03, 2007, 09:16
Here you go, Stevo. Eldest son's getting this for his dad for xmas.
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3439092/Mothership-The-Best-Of/Product.html
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 09:40
Thanks but that's still only the tracklisting without any sources. I'm just wondering what period it covers and to what extent it duplicates other stuff. Or was the DVD collection just about everything anyway?

Most interested in period of first couple of years. I should have the '69 Danish tv show at my mother's place in London which might suffice otherwise.
I was surprised on rewatching Supershow a couple of weeks back that none of Zep take part in any of the other jams. Or was it even longer with even more of them performing cut out? I thought there were one or two numbers by them excluded from the officially released dvd but included in their own compilation one.
Stevo
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 10:20
Ah, sorry, Stevo. I guess we won't find out until we actually get it, then.
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 10:53
I'm not totally sure but i believe everything on the Mothership DVD was available on the earlier 2xDVD set. ( That's what someone on Amazon said anyway )
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 12:07
All the stuff on the DVD is just highlights of what was out on the 2 DVD set a couple of years back. There's nothing rare or unreleased.

Dave B
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 16:18
Davey_B wrote:
All the stuff on the DVD is just highlights of what was out on the 2 DVD set a couple of years back. There's nothing rare or unreleased.

Dave B

Yep, is all from the big DVD from a few years back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothership_%28album%29
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 19:38
Thanks for that. presumably an entire RAH gig from my 3rd birthday sounds like something to get then.
It says there's a Deluxe edition & a collector's one so I assume the DVD one will be around for a while.

Didn't get the larger set so it sounds like it'd be worthwhile getting this.

As to early stuff, there's the Danish thing from '69, the Supershow clip(s)
there's a Beat Club clip that presumably isn't in the box since somebody's torrenting it. Is there much else?
Stevo
Np Neil Young rarities set boxcars
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Dec 04, 2007, 19:01
[quote="Stevo"]Thanks for that. presumably an entire RAH gig from my 3rd birthday sounds like something to get then.

The RAH gig is mind blowing. The best gig footage I've ever seen, enormous amount of energy going on. It's the bit of the 2 DVD set I keep coming back to.

The rest of the Mothership stuff is Madison Sq Gdns (Song Remains footage) Earls Court and Knebworth. And the Immigrant Song from Australia though the video and audio for that are not the same performance.

Dave B
coldrumhead
608 posts

Dec 04, 2007, 19:23
Stevo wrote:
Does anybody know the contents of the dvd that comes with one of the Mothership editions? Just saw it on the racks in the local HMV yesterday and it had tracklisting but no sources. & so far I'm finding the same online.

Is it a limited edition or will it be around longer? Does tempt me to buy the set.
Stevo

I bought the DVD several years ago which I love...does the new DVD contain anything extra?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index