Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Seb
Seb
600 posts

Re: Head to Head Bands.Musicians
Nov 29, 2007, 16:15
IanB wrote:
Now that's what I call improv. "How Did You Sleep" and "Like We Used To" are genius. Is there going to be (forgive the anachronism) a record?

Too kind!
We'd love to do a record one day. At the moment we just give out CDRs to friends who are into this sort of thing. I did stick a bunch of stuff on a CD for (ex-Wire editor) Rob Young (friend of a friend), but that's about as together as our shit has got, thus far. We do it because we love it, and are fortunate enough to regularly transcend ourselves. That's kind of enough on its own. Thanks for the vibes though!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 16:50
Hi Seb...really like *how did you sleep* track makes the hair on my arms stand on end! Just finished reading your first book ... a great read btw
Will be reading your Rock Me Amadeus on the train home tonight!
Must say your a funny bugger ( I mean that in a nice way!) ... keep up the good work dude. Respect!
(((charrr anti hero of the highest order)))
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2007, 17:16
Nov 29, 2007, 17:14
That's pretty much how we started the Lunar Dunes thing. Went from pure fun-filled catharsis to something else in the space of about 6 rehearsals. If you think about doing it in front of an audience I'm sure we'd be into sharing a stage (though perhaps not at the same time!).
hedlite
hedlite
375 posts

Re: Head to head Bands.Musicians
Nov 29, 2007, 23:19
blinkin heck lawrence...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 29, 2007, 23:36
LOL! I guess you didn't like my music much...
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Nov 30, 2007, 08:24
Man you raWk... in a space echo sort of way!
Luvin this music you do dude!
(((charrr yaLi 2 sum)))
p.s.
U got a cd I can buy?
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

kosmischeboy/fenlander
Nov 30, 2007, 23:06
I can be found in either of my current personalities at:

www.myspace.com/kosmischeboy

for darkambientindustrialelectronica-ism

or

www.myspace.com/fenlandertheband

for more traditional altrockin stuff.

it's all me though, on me todd.

Enjoy and if you like it let me know! ;)

Previous dabbles include Children Of A Lesser Groove, once in the early 90's we were Lincolnshire's biggest alternative rock band.... not saying much ;) and also the "Hexx the Ghears" album with Dan Donovan, for which more info and a dodgy photo of me in my other personality as HEXX can be found at: www.moosecall.co.uk
hedlite
hedlite
375 posts

Nov 30, 2007, 23:45
i wouldn't say that at all, just found it fairly astounding. if it came on the radio i'd turn it up, not over.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Dec 01, 2007, 01:23
Of course, it's not the kind of stuff they'd play on the radio at all. It seems like I'm a cult-legend in my town these days, though -- even having one guy in a Christian rock band saying I was an inspiration(!)
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Edited Dec 01, 2007, 05:01
Dec 01, 2007, 02:37
Thanks! Someday I'll have enough stuff for a proper cd, but at the moment I'm kinda busy moving to a new apartment, working 5 days a week and writing a novel...and I want to add bass tracks to my stuff.
Two of those tracks on my myspace page (Ripper and get On It) are just sample collages, the other two are my guitar and crude drum machine sounds...I'm still perfecting my home recording arsenal & technique.
Moving in January, so maybe by June or July 2008 I'll have a solid selection together. I do have enough stuff for a disc full of experiments/works in progress though, so if you like I'll send you one for the cost of postage, trade or blank discs.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index