Zep To Tour Next Year ...

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riotmaster
1563 posts

Re: Zep To Tour Next Year ...
Nov 22, 2007, 00:37
i dunno. old Planty likes to do his local shows from time to time

what better place to keep out of the media spotlight than Dudley :-)
vince
vince
1628 posts

Nov 22, 2007, 04:51
riotmaster wrote:

According to Billboard, during a gig in Cincinnati on November 17, Astbury said: "We'll be back next year, because we're opening for a band you may have heard of. The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

LEZ Zeppelin?

Limp Bizkit?

Liza Minelli?
keith a
9572 posts

Nov 22, 2007, 21:38
It's at time like these when I wish Lena Zavaroni was still alive.
KARL MAX
71 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 11:21
So Page already sold most of his Crowley-collection to pay off Willie Dixons widow, T-Bones kids and all the other musicians he stole toons from, next is always a reunion and a tour! Not surprising coming from a sessionman and a band started by the who-rejects...I always thought punk had rid the earth of bombastic sad old gits doing Bert Jansch-skits sandwiched between white mans boogie workouts. That interest in such megabizniz-muzak prevails saddens me beyond belief. Led Zep is on the exact same level of musicianship and passion as Robbie Williams. A product.
If, on the other hand, you were telling me about a Jake Holmes tour I would be queing for a ticket with a tent and a thermos....
Of course, this is just my opinion, not worth even 50 cents...or Kanye West or Smack High Sleaze or any other so-called "artist" robbing graves and musicians.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2007, 11:47
Dec 03, 2007, 11:47
KARL MAX wrote:
If, on the other hand, you were telling me about a Jake Holmes tour I would be queing for a ticket with a tent and a thermos....

That'll be this Jake Holmes then?

"In the 1970s, Holmes moved into writing advertising jingles. He is the composer of the popular "Be All You Can Be" slogan and jingle for the US Army. He also wrote "Be A Pepper" (1977) for Dr Pepper. In spite of the fact that his name is not known, Holmes might be at the top of the list of American singer songwriters because of his work with jingles. Not only are his lyrics famous and remembered, his voice has been heard millions of times on those countless commercials for Gillette, DeBeers, Winn-Dixie and Sears."

You base your criticism on "product" and then give us this?

Stones and glass houses...

My opinion isn't worth much either.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 12:09
... the rumoured song they've never performed live before for the O2 thing is "The best a man can get" and I bet they dont credit it either. Bastards!
KARL MAX
71 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 14:35
There are hacks and geniuses everywhere, some have to move into Madison Ave since so-called "musiclovers" only like pre-digested babyfood like white honkie limeys doing boogie...That's why we have geniuses like Raymond Scott, Ken Nordine and Jake Holmes in the ad schtick.
Led zep must be the single most overrated band in the history of popmusic. Not a single note of their own.
This notes for you.....
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 16:52
KARL MAX wrote:

Led zep must be the single most overrated band in the history of popmusic. .....

Aren't you forgetting Cream?

Personally, I wish LZ would get Blue Cheer in as a support act. Probably scared of being outstripped in terms of volume though.
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Dec 03, 2007, 18:24
I wouldn't worry about a tour to corrupt the morals of todays youth.
I don't think it will happen.
and for the record: In the Light has a few LZ original notes in there.
BTW, there are only so many musical notes out there.
Its how they are strung together and in which the passion they are played should they judged.
LZ played with dedication to the art form, moved the genre forward, played with passion and integrity amidst the unavoidable charm of groupies and drugs in the 70's fer crissakes...they did alright for themselves.
They may have stood on the shoulders of giants, but they blazed a new trail NO ON has been able to duplicate or adequately fill.
Ride on noble steed~
KARL MAX
71 posts

Dec 06, 2007, 08:17
The jurassic acts of yesteryear are still walking the earth as fossilized gargantuans trampling down on creativity everywhere...Now Sweden is building an ABBA-museum in Stockholm in the same warehouse where Dungen played his only gig last year..
Why am I left with the feeling that punk never fulfilled its mission?
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index