Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What do you truly remember from childhood?

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
coldrumhead
608 posts

Edited Nov 19, 2007, 21:23
Re: Now that my dime dancing is thru
Nov 19, 2007, 21:17
Dog 3000 wrote:
Funny how the "novelty records" seem to make such a big impression on everybody . . . Bohemian Rhapsody's kind of a "novelty record" for that matter!

Okay I fibbed it was actually Tales From Topographic Oceans by Yes.I just did n't think you'd believe it.
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Re: What do you truly remember from childhood?
Nov 19, 2007, 21:27
Dave & Ansell Collins on top of the pops. Great music. Gave me a love of reggae to this day
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ypsBpu6JZvk
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Nov 19, 2007, 21:33
first songs i can remember ever those were the days my friends by mary hopkins and i was born under a wandering star by lee marvin i must have been 3 or 4
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Nov 19, 2007, 21:38
I remember being scrubbed up and taken into Glasgow to see "Paint your waggon". When it first came out. When would that have been? cheers.
Debaser
Debaser
241 posts

Edited Nov 19, 2007, 21:46
Nov 19, 2007, 21:44
Last train to Clarkesville by the Monkees. Be about 1966 and we were in Singapore. My sister had bought it and played in non-stop. I jigged about and sang at the top of my 3 year old voice. Not sure if I really remember it or whether I remember it because there is cine film and reel to reel tape evidence....

Something that DOES stick in my mind (the stuff of my nightmares for years) was being baby-sat for by my sister and her boyfirend and they were watching some film reviewy type programme (or it might have been the whole film) and Mahler by Ken Russell was on. I totally remember his wife, dancing on top of his coffin (rather provocatively if my memory serves me correctly) Mahler (Robert Powell) was in said coffin NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!! and trundling into the fiery furnace and it ended with a little box of ashes with two eyeballs sat neatly on top of them.

I cried for weeks and I'm yet to see the film!

Oh and I did a mean 'Step Inside, Love' by Cilla :-D
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Nov 19, 2007, 21:57
Standing in my playpen,listening to the radio and River deep,Mountain high blasting forth!

I remember being amazed at this fantastic sound and still think it sounds amazing today when i hear it!
I also remember Keith west-excerpt from a teenage opera quite well.

Later i vividly remember my brother playing Life On Mars to me and turning the Radiogram up loud at the end to listen to the phone ringing and trying to make out the conversation!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Now that my dime dancing is thru
Nov 19, 2007, 22:15
Actually my first favorite song was probably "theme from Star Wars" -- kinda the same thing, only catchier!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 06:53
the horror. the horror. and in a picture sleeve as well. the 70s really weren't everything they were cracked up to be!
machineryelf
3679 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 08:34
Junior Choice and all the old faves, My Bruvver being one that stands out, along with a bunch of Bernard Cribbins tunes, also had an album of Alice In Wonderland that had Frankie Howard on it, i was totally fascinated with his voice. Also had the Mary Poppins soundtrack, and i used to play Feed The Birds over & over, didn't like the chirpy cockernee stuff but i loved a good dirge.Also After The Goldrush must have been imprinted on my mind because i knew it as soon as i heard it on lp much later
On TOTP earliest memories were of Slade,T Rex, Alice Cooper doing Schools Out with sword, Nazareth, and the best one was Hawkwind doing Silver Machine, that really struck a chord[probably the same one repeatedly]
Another vivid memory is Mungo Jerry on crackerjack or similar, IIRC there were quite a few odd groups on kids TV
Banana Splits, Flashing Blade,Robinson Crusoe, best stop now before i drown in nostalgia
As my parents listened to Radio 2 [i assume, it certainly wasn't Radio 1] popular music was a bit thin on the ground, so it was like a bolt out of the blue if something good turned up

Kids today with their MTV and their pod-i's don't know how lucky they are
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Nov 20, 2007, 08:44
machineryelf wrote:

Kids today with their MTV and their pod-i's don't know how lucky they are

Hehe. It is a bloody shame that there isn't a kids' pop show anymore.
My daughter is growing up in a different world indeed.
Cheggers Plays Pop? Can you imagine something like that only with Richard Bacon presenting and 'Girls ain't allowed to have split ends or be 1lb overweight' on it?
Boohoo sob!

x
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index