Unsung Forum »
Zee - Identity.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Oct 22, 2007, 17:19
Zee - Identity.
Oct 22, 2007, 17:18
I'm just intruiged to know if anyone else owns this? A real curio from 1984 being that it's a collaboration from Rick Wright of Pink Floyd and Dave "Dee" Harris of new romantic also-rans but had one quite good song actually that being Move On, Fashion. I think Troy Tate joined 'em at one point.

I played it for the first time in 1000 years recently and though its so very much of its time, I did find myself enjoying its simmons pad heavy fairlight fueled proto-dance with guitars sounds.

Never met anyone else with it. Possibly for good reason.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re: Zee - Identity.
Oct 23, 2007, 17:40
I have this, mainly as I am a die-hard Rick Wright fan. I had a few of the early Fashion '45s but lost interest in them when they were signed to Arista. Citinite is brilliant, I used to hear this on Robin Valk show BRMB.

I will listen to Zee again, for I remember playing it once and it made no impression on me. I remember Dee Harris's mother got very excited on TV. I suspect she thought that her pony-tailed son had just hit the big time.

Under every ponytail theres an arsehole
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 23, 2007, 18:10
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Robin Valk

Now there's a long forgotten page in the memory archive.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Oct 25, 2007, 12:54
Oct 25, 2007, 12:53
Robin Valk, he once played 'You know You Know' off 'Inner Mounting Flame' by the Mahavishnu Orchestra when I mentioned the band, so fair play to him. I understand that he worked for Radio 2 a while back, and was part of the team that made the station what it is now. I know he lives in Sutton Coldfield off the Jockey Rd, but when I consider how important he was for music broadcasting in the Midlands, I am surprised that he never achieved a national profile as a natural next step. Perhaps he is happy that way
Unsung Forum Index