Unsung Forum »
Yuk! You're posh!

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9565 posts

Re: Yuk! You're posh!
Oct 16, 2007, 20:22
As I understood it, Iggy did grow up on a trailer park, but his parents were white collar folk who chose to live there, rather than through, say, financial necessity.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 21:03
keith a wrote:
As I understood it, Iggy did grow up on a trailer park, but his parents were white collar folk who chose to live there, rather than through, say, financial necessity.

His Dad was a schoolteacher and very liberal minded- I remember reading somewhere.....and with an offspring like that, you'd have to be!

;-)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 21:43
Funny thing with Iggy was that his Dad was an English teacher which presumably throws off the whole cliche/stereotype bit.
Stevo
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 23:49
shanshee_allures wrote:
...yet slagging off Keane and James Cnut for that very reason still has some appeal...dunno why though;-))

x

I think that's because their music's rubbish, rather than the fact that they're posh. If they were rich kids doing interesting ground-breaking stuff (like Nick Drake, say) rather than conservative AOR rock, I doubt that their background would even enter the argument.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 04:06
Definitely an interesting way of arranging my record collection. All artists will be Googled to their education and their parents means. Having made bags of money doesn't count if you are basically trailer trash. Not easy with the Residents but their music reeks of middle class indulgence, straight off to the right shelf for them.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 08:38
Hehe rather unique!
x
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 15:10
His dad was supposedly an English teacher which goes against the semi-literate stereotype. Iggy was a bit of a class swot before the music took over, followed by the drugs.

His australian emulators the Birthday Party were public school boys apart from Rowland (I think). the Boys Next Door to-bes met at one.
Stevo
Np Dead Kennedys Eugene oregon 84
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index