& building the odd snow man.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Oct 16, 2007, 03:26
Re: 1967 CE
Oct 16, 2007, 02:51
I was 7 in 1967 (by the end of july)

I remember nearly all of the (chart) music because of my older brother and sister (twins) who were 14 and constantly had the radio on- plus the religous ceremony of viewing Top Of The Pops each week- which was also taped on a reel to reel via a mic set up next to the TV speaker!

....not to mention our glorious dansette record player !!

=8-]
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Edited Oct 16, 2007, 14:33
Oct 16, 2007, 04:45
1967 thru 1969:

In the morning finding kids with U.S. Flag patches on their jeans sleeping
on our front lawn.

Kids next store had a garage band, police around everyday. Hendrixian versions of "Star Spangled Banner' roaring thru plexis pushing air thru 13'x9' garage.

Street packed with over a hundred kids for a rally as the 'Good Humor' ice cream truck slowly makes its way through the throng of denim jacket longhairs.

Dad worked at Rohm hAas made chemical agents there, had a very bad fire. Some didn't make it, Dad has scars on arms.

Frankford Armoury armament trains running heavy and slow late late at night behind house.

LSD STP was grafitti. "Bo Dit" slang for very cool.

One uncle, heavy artillery two tours, another air force 4 tours; another army two tours as a LURP came back Sono Bono hippie with a Nazi fixtation.

Cousin worked for CIA found dead under London Bridge or a bridge in London.

Sang a lot of Bob Dylan at school just thought they were generic school folk tunes everybody had to sing, stunned to find out later.

Rise of the Warlock and Pagan biker gangs as guys came home.

Guys that re-upped got bonuses bought Camaros, Chevelle SS, 442's, GTO's, hemi darts, 'cudas, chargers, challengers. Some never came home to ever drive them . Drag races on Front st/Delaware Ave.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 08:15
I was born in 1967. So I have no memories ;-)
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:05
I wasn't born but in 1987, when there was lots of stuff on the telly celebrating the 20th anniversary of 'The Summer of Love' then I really wished I'd been born 20 years earlier! Doubt I'd have been cool enough to go to all the festies and get involved in all that shagging in the mud and dropping acid til my brains dropped out of my ears but wouldn't it be nice if you heard music from that era on the radio rather than Katie bleedin' Melua?
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:10
You've gone from goth temptress to Mrs Miggins! W'happen?
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:10
Swinging London wasn’t far away but Vicarage Road rather than Carnaby Street was where my head was at - Muddy Division 3 games v Swindon, Barrow, Southport etc. Stewart Scullion was my main man. I also remember wandering round the house singing the Flowerpot Men’s Let’s Go To San Francisco. My dad came home from work and said Isn’t that something to do with dropouts and hippys and drugs? and my mum said I think he just likes the tune. She was right but he became righter...
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:24
I am now officially a pie person. See the Village Pump...

The goth temptress was Patricia 'used to shag Andrew Eldritch but now Mrs Dave Vanian' Morrison, in case you didn't spot that. Not me. Unfortunately. Though that said I'm rather glad I've never shagged Andrew Eldritch... And Dave Vanian come to think of it - lovely fella I'm sure but he kinda reminds me of Del Boy in 'Only Fools and Horses' these days...

Does this post win any prizes for pointlessness or rambling tangents?
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:41
Vanian as Del Boy! I like.

“Sensible, You plonker”
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Oct 16, 2007, 10:51
Tis true as I'm sat here! And now you mention it there's a certain resemblance between the Sensible one and Rodney (c'mon, work wi' me here....) I wonder if The Damned's tour bus is a yellow three wheeled van?
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index