TEARDROP EXPLODES - BBC SESSIONS PLUS

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: TEARDROP EXPLODES - BBC SESSIONS PLUS
Oct 17, 2007, 13:23
I have good quality versions of a lot of the Peel stuff, some not on the album...I can put up a list and if anyone wants I could put it on sendspace...
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 14:56
Any chance of a lossless, non-MP3 version?
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 16:36
Is Julian receiving credits for this release? I hope so. If so, PYM can only send you the stuff NOT on the CD - alright?! ;op
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1701 posts

Oct 17, 2007, 17:13
postyesterdayman wrote:
the version of Screaming Secrets from Zoology IS the Peel Session, as a matter of fact most of the rare songs on Zoology are Peel sessions or BBC sessions.

Are you sure? According to the sleevenotes they're demoes, albeit pretty similar-sounding to the Peel vershs. For Screaming Secrets on Zoology it sez "recorded at Bear Shank Lodge on the Stiff Mobile."
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Oct 18, 2007, 08:26
Nikinakinoo wrote:
Is Julian receiving credits for this release? I hope so. If so, PYM can only send you the stuff NOT on the CD - alright?! ;op

I'm only interested in the stuff that's NOT on the CD! Bought my copy on Monday from HMV Hull, like a good little boy.
common era
865 posts

Oct 18, 2007, 12:52
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
postyesterdayman wrote:
the version of Screaming Secrets from Zoology IS the Peel Session, as a matter of fact most of the rare songs on Zoology are Peel sessions or BBC sessions.

Are you sure? According to the sleevenotes they're demoes, albeit pretty similar-sounding to the Peel vershs. For Screaming Secrets on Zoology it sez "recorded at Bear Shank Lodge on the Stiff Mobile."

Hmmm, I don't think the Zoology tracks are the Peel session versions either. They would have had to credit it as such as the BBC retains the rights etc. plus they don't sound the same.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Oct 18, 2007, 14:34
You may be right, I've never really looked at the sleevnotes to Zoology as I don't have them (it's an inherited, very badly scratched disc). Then I am wondering if the version I have is actually the BBC session because they sound very similar. I mean, I thought they were the same. I will check it out. As far as lossless versions, no, they are on a disc of mp3s a friend gave me. But they are good quality mp3s. I know the version of Hanging Around For Years is a BBC session, no? It is exactly the same as the one I have on my BBC sessions disc.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 18, 2007, 16:10
I've got lossless versions of the ones not included - from the dimeadozen torrent mentioned earlier (I think)
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Oct 19, 2007, 08:20
Any prospect of a CDR, necropolist? I lost my Dime torrent before I could burn it up myself. Would love to get hold of those missing tracks.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Oct 19, 2007, 11:29
no probs, drop me a line with ur addie, and it shall be done
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index