35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Dec 07, 2012, 19:58
Re: The Residents
Dec 07, 2012, 19:54
I do think they're great. Aside from the wicked music up to about The Big Bubble, I really dug their creepy CD ROM games. I usually find Renaldo & The Loaf a bit catchier, but hey they wouldn't even exist or have a record contract without The Residents! I'm just not sure how much their music translates to the live setting. Shit, I had mad indigestion at that gig so that could have been what soured the thing for me. Wouldn't be the first show I've been to that would have been greatly improved with a couple of rennies. It might also have been the fact that most of the audience were kids under 18 looking for some grand guignol kicks.

I'm not sure what's going on with that fridge 'n' secret box idea. I know they couldn't keep Ralph Records afloat so maybe they really do need the moolah? Doubt this is completely for real, though. Seems more like a weirdo infomercial to me. If they're strapped for cash, they should open up that basement of theirs as a Stateside equivalent of the London Dungeon.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index