Unsung Forum »
"Cochin Moon" question

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

"Cochin Moon" question
Aug 04, 2007, 02:45
I ordered the CD reissue of Hosono & Yokoo's Cochin Moon, which just arrived minus an OBI. Did the reissue come with one?
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re:
Aug 09, 2007, 02:04
Sorry, don't know - I only have a burn of it - but fuck that's an excellent album! Ahead of it's time, just brilliant.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re:
Aug 09, 2007, 23:48
You should buy it then! I'm sure you can find it for less than $25.

By the way, I did more research and answered my own question: it should have come with an OBI so I suspect that this is a used but pristine copy. Luckily I spent less than $20.
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re:
Aug 13, 2007, 03:22
I will! The only thing that's stopped me is I already spend a shitload on cd's, and it'll take me a while to get around to it [I usually try to prioritise things that are now harder to get or are going out of print - you can only buy so much at once without a high-flyin' big-payin' job, which is something I don't have - well, I don't have a job at all right now]
I didn't go and download that album for free, thinking "ho ho, now I won't have to buy it" - I'd never heard of it and someone gave me a burned disc and said "check this out". Glad they did.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re:
Aug 17, 2007, 01:07
achuma wrote:
I will! The only thing that's stopped me is I already spend a shitload on cd's, and it'll take me a while to get around to it [I usually try to prioritise things that are now harder to get or are going out of print - you can only buy so much at once without a high-flyin' big-payin' job, which is something I don't have - well, I don't have a job at all right now]
I didn't go and download that album for free, thinking "ho ho, now I won't have to buy it" - I'd never heard of it and someone gave me a burned disc and said "check this out". Glad they did.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk about it. I currently also suffer your two afflictions, joblessness and too long of a buy-list. I was prioritising the way you are and spent the early part of the year collecting Penguin Guide Crown and Core Collection jazz albums that are scarce, then switched to Japanese stuff when I heard about Japrocksampler coming out. However, I've also put a priority on things I think are really, really good: life's short!
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re:
Aug 17, 2007, 02:52
Can you post up a list? It seems that you have a good idea about what is essential listing (sic)
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re:
Aug 18, 2007, 03:23
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Can you post up a list? It seems that you have a good idea about what is essential listing (sic)

That's flattering but I think achuma and MC, among others here, are far more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am. Except for a few on the Nurse With Wound list, I really only started checking out the old Japanese bands a few months ago. But I'll post my observations in a week or so, after I get a little more caught up in my listening.
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re:
Aug 29, 2007, 02:04
That's ok, I didn't think you were being a jerk. I too get a little pissed with people who download everything and buy nothing, or next to nothing, as though it's their right to have everything they could ever want for free. Just wanted to point out that I buy a lot too and try to buy legit reissues that benefit the artists, where I can.
Unsung Forum Index