Obscure Prog

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Re: Obscure Prog
Jun 28, 2007, 19:47
good grief dog!!! arent u supposed to be vacation !!!!!!!!!
earthlingfred93
1114 posts

Jun 28, 2007, 19:53
Alchemist by HOME. It's got some great guitaring with some dodgy stotyline about a...er Alchemist who befriends some kids and the world goes to shit and I really cannot be arsed telling you the rest. It's a pretentiously cack album....but the guitars are ace!!
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2007, 20:03
Jun 28, 2007, 20:02
keith a wrote:

You could try these...

VDGG - Appealing To People Who Smell Of Goats

Gong - Why Do Folk Who Should Know Better Like Music By Pixies In Silly Hats?

and my own personal favourite...

Peter Hammill - Making A Little Talent Go A Long Long Way

you can order them at very competitive prices from...

www.aw_bless.com

; )

At least you KNOW the website, you prog denier you!!

BTW, VDGG are not, I repeat, NOT "prog", and I wish al the other fans here would come out and say so too!!!
All the smart boys and girls knows it!!!
x
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 04:47
I'd love to make you a list but I'd be here all day! Maybe when I have more time... In the meantime, if you have broadband for downloading, scour through http://www.mutant-sounds.blogspot.com and you'll find a lot of primo [and extremely rare and obscure] stuff! The guys who post there - one of whom is from Vas Deferens Organization - have great taste and great collections, so it's hard to go wrong if you're unsure about whether something will be any good.
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 08:49
achuma wrote:
In the meantime, if you have broadband for downloading, scour through http://www.mutant-sounds.blogspot.com and you'll find a lot of primo [and extremely rare and obscure] stuff! .

Nice one - I'd DLed Arbete & Fritid's "Ur Spar" from there and forgotten to bookmark it. Right now I'm looking forward to hearing what Soular System's 'Birth of Paradise' is like :-)
MC
638 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 15:10
I've always dug the name of the band "Spocks Beard" - think they're prog don't have a clue what they sound like though.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 16:56
1001realapes wrote:
weird/trippy/dark/odd
prog

Well, someone that ticks all those boxes is Igor Wakhevitch. Though he trancends the 'prog' label and is pretty much unclassifiable really. The albums that'll get you off are 'Logos' and 'Docteur Faust'. They're pretty difficult to find, but really really worth it.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 17:07
Lord Lucan wrote:
1001realapes wrote:
weird/trippy/dark/odd
prog

Well, someone that ticks all those boxes is Igor Wakhevitch. Though he trancends the 'prog' label and is pretty much unclassifiable really. The albums that'll get you off are 'Logos' and 'Docteur Faust'. They're pretty difficult to find, but really really worth it.

Good call LL!! ;-D
1001realapes
1001realapes
2379 posts

Jun 29, 2007, 22:35
I might have added
surreal/haunting/dreamlike/pastoral
as well
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts