86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 25, 2007, 10:55
Re: Hold on!!!
Jun 25, 2007, 10:19
I do agree with you about how opposition is fractured but that's a sign of intelligent (and, dare I say, evolutionary) forces at work. The 'right' or however you want to term the prison warders have a single cell agenda - profit uber alles. Easy to understand. Easy to execute.

You don't fix these problems with single issue politics. It's akin to throwing a broken watch at the wall in an effort to make it work.

Coming back to Cope for second I think a stated preference for "nihilism and destruction" is an adolescent, single-cell, solution to a motherfucking deity-sized set of problems.

If more rock and rollers actually lined up everything written by Bucky Fuller, by PK Dick, by RA Wilson et al and er .... spent a year or two actually *reading* them and THEN formed an opinion I'd be a lot more into listening to what they have to say on matters of global economics and social engineering.

I am not sure what disappoints me more - that rock and rollers dare to assume the position of Grand Social Visionary or that they so often miss the mark. But rock and rollers are Apollonian Narcissists (all that wand weilding sonic pixie stuff) and Neptunes of oceanic sound by nature so more fool me ...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index