Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 23, 2007, 12:41
Re: You Gotta Problem With Me
Jun 23, 2007, 06:16
bernie the bolt wrote:

I know I sound like a total 'tard, for which I apologise. I am certainly gonna get the record. I will certainly listen to it at loud volume. I hope it rocks. I hope I am enraged and stimulated for all the right reasons. If it sucks for all the bad reasons suggested, then I'll be posting it back to HH. Or to Capital One.

I liked Drain'd Boner. Was I alone?
m/

Really liked it for the first week or so. Especially the really glacial bits. The more I played it the less I wanted to lsiten to it which also goes for many of JC's recent recommendations of other artists though it is a rarity for me with his own albums - Interpreter and 20 Mothers aside which didn't ever do a whole lot for me.

I agree with you on the album - I expect to be stimulated and possibly dismayed. I don't except cogent social analysis from rock and roll - that's not what's it is for.

However as someone who comes from a family of economic migrants and who had a grandparent locked up in *this* country for a couple of years on the basis of their nationality alone I get really really tetchy when any nation or faith group get tarred with a single brush.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index