86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Re: Hold on!!!
Jun 22, 2007, 16:24
Moth wrote:
Hold on! Lots of people are taking Plateoffood's quote about migrants out of context. The manifesto says:

YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH ME deals primarily with such currently controversial, nay, taboo issues as religion (our own and other peoples'), and the West's latest wave of xenophobia, soul-searching and self-doubts brought on by a combination of the war in Iraq, the so-called 9/11 bombings and the EEC's latest huge wave of migrants from former Communist countries.

But I think if you read it carefully, you can (hopefully) see that it's about peoples' paranoia - not about his own attitude. He really could do with an editor to shorten his sentences & paras.... :^(

There are just too many thoughts crammed together - if you take out the bits that are nowt to do with the migrants bit, it helps a bit & reads as:

YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH ME deals with such issues as the West's latest wave of xenophobia, soul-searching and self-doubts brought on by the EEC's latest huge wave of migrants from former Communist countries.

Which (I'd guess) means the song you mentioned is indeed ABOUT the paranoia.

love

Moth

Thanks Moth, yes I think you're right, he is trying to say the album is about the West's xenophobia, amongst other things.

It's such a loaded title though - Cant Get You Out Of My Country - that you have to hope the intention of the song is much clearer in the lyrics themselves.

Especially if, you know, he's still dressing as a Nazi and that...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index