Register
Unsung Forum »
when your favourites make you wince!

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bolox
bolox
311 posts

Re: when your favourites make you wince!
Apr 13, 2007, 10:05
The Who Squeeze Box. In fact everything from Who By Numbers to the present day.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 10:16
bolox wrote:
The Who Squeeze Box. In fact everything from Who By Numbers to the present day.

Totally agree there !!
Sowiesoso
122 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 10:16
[Regarding the Drood's second psychedelic phase, I'm cool with that. Probably as I'm sort of in mine - and therefore am immune to any ridicule I might also be attracting.

8-][/quote]

"second psychedelic phase" - it was just the farcical nature of the phrase that tickled me. I immediately had the image of him tripping in his back garden with gnomes & the goblins whilst his wife and kids looked on in despair!
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 10:25
Eternal Flame was a drag for me after the early promise of Going Down To Liverpool and If She Knew What She Wants.
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 11:17
Yeah. And what's wrong with that, daddio?

8-/
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 11:17
Nick Cave declaring himself a comic writer and some of the lyrics that have ensued. There have been clunkers throughout the Bad Seeds output in terms of bad rhymes but from No More Shall WE Part there seem to be more. That whole thing babout the cow on there was pretty bad.

Lou Reed f**kin up the VU reunion through extreme egotism. TRying to treat the other members as though they were his backing band while they seemed to have more of a clue as to what the Velvets were really about. He looked pretty ursine/gorillaish in the film I've seen of the set too.

Not a big fan of Miles Davis when he came back in the 80s. Think he was still pretty cool but wouldn't listen to the music.

Prince as Slave. Think he was very good up to the end of the 80s (maybe a little into 90s) but that whole squiggle bit and writing Slave on his cheek. One trip too many?

Pink Floyd, not sure where they start to suck. Got up to DArk Side might get next two. But just read the Uncut interview with Roger Waters wot a twat.

Grateful DEad? Don't really listen post the 74 retirement. Definitely find Disco DEad suck city. They were pretty decent live in 90 but focus had changed from the psych stuff I really like. Garcia's tone far more old-timey or something. Wouldn't go very far into the 90s with them anyway.

Probly several other things if I think about it
Stevo
Np Richard & Linda THompson 29/5/82
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 11:28
There's some real gems amongst the dross on that record though - like the title track, Grey Seal and Harmony.

8)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 11:37
"All Around My Hat' is guff too I suppose."

....god I used to hate that record. Can't tell the difference between that stuff and 'the day we went to Bangor' - its all folkin' nonsense and reminds me of Mike Leigh's 'Nuts in May' ;)

I look forward to the day a 'new' and 'exciting' artist's gonna come along and blow all the nu folk bollocks into orbit.

Sorry, rant over. I'll get back to me nerdy electronic music.

8)
keith a
9565 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 12:20
Yeah, it wasn't as bad as Bowie working with Queen!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 13, 2007, 12:24
Yeah, why would one of the most iconic and innovative artists of all time want to go work with Bowie?

Actually, I think that's the best record Queen made. It's pretty fab.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index