The Damned : Play It At Your Sister

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1109 posts

Re: The Damned : Play It At Your Sister
Jun 11, 2013, 22:46
I have it. I did purchase it very cheap a few years back. Comes in a box containing a book with the story of the early years, press articles,biogs, gigs and lots of photos; a double cd in jewel case and single cd in paper sleeve.

The collection is jam packed with material from 1976 - 78, i.e. the Stiff record period before they split up and reformed to sign up with Chiswick and Machine Gun Etiquete, Black Album then Strawberries. The double cd contains the first two albums "Damned Damned Damned" and "Music For Pleasure", all the singles, early demo, two Peel Sessions and BBC In Concert. The third cd is of an early gig.

Some titles have multiple versions (there are 4 versions of New Rose). My only complaint if that the running order is not like that of each of the albums e.g. New Rose and Neat Neat Neat singles before album only tracks etc ... It is nice to hear DDD in the running order that it appears on vinyl (this was one of my first LPs - X-mas 1979, age 12, along with Metal Box!)

I think the DDD deluxe might contain a lot of the same stuff bar Music For Pleasure if you are not too fussed about that (it is a weak album) - that maybe an alternative?

Unsung Forum Index