Their Satanic Majesties

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Re: Their Satanic Majesties
Dec 09, 2006, 00:09
I also dig Charlie Watts, he would´ve definitely been a better knight than mick jagger.
Jon Christopher
Jon Christopher
14 posts

Dec 09, 2006, 17:27
I lost my virginity with this album playing in the background.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2006, 03:41
Dec 15, 2006, 03:39
from time to time you see these fools on ebay who think their 'used but not abused' Grand Funk LP is worth $45.99 (that's an actual current headcase's asking minimum bid for GF's Phoenix LP).

But this jerk takes the cake.

I'll save you the trouble of linking it and tell you he wants $70,000.00 minimum (!) bid for his copy of The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request. He doesn't even state whether it's a US or UK pressing, mono or stereo.

Even the rarest, stone mint, UK mono copy isn't worth more than @ $500.

if you're still curious (or furious) here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220061125139&fromMakeTrack=true
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 20:54
Agreed! Love the album, love the record sleeve, love the whole psychedelic vibe. Stones purists may prefer their more blusey stuff but I'm a sucker for psychedelia, me!
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Dec 15, 2006, 21:46
Daminxa wrote:
Agreed! Love the album, love the record sleeve, love the whole psychedelic vibe. Stones purists may prefer their more blusey stuff but I'm a sucker for psychedelia, me!

Amen to that!..Actually,I think it's to play that nice remastered version I got an Xmas or two ago.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Dec 16, 2006, 09:05
yeah, it's a pretty sleeve. there are great songs on it. but the LP as a whole is only their best if you're a 'psychedelic purist' aka 'sucker for psychedelia'.
I'm no purist, but if you think you like the LP and you're listening to a stereo copy or a cd, you should really try to hear it the way The Stones intended it to be heard, the way they mixed it, in MONO. It's better that way, and it's still not their best.
and btw, some of you seem to think Brian Jones had a large part in that LP and the plain fact is he hardly showed up for any of those sessions and was too out of it to contribute meaningfully when he did. Bill Wyman had more of a hand in producing that LP than Brian - & Mick & Keith did the lion's share.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index