Your stereo sound system

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Your stereo sound system
Dec 01, 2006, 16:39
ah happy days, it's a pity all LPs weren't made like that where you could put them in with the washing up when the grooves got full of mouldy old food, puke and stuff
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Dec 02, 2006, 15:28
handofdave wrote:
I've never been very savvy about audiophilia.

I have a couple of labtec computer speakers in my office, and some kind of generic stereo downstairs.

It all comes down to how loud you want to play your stuff without it sounding like crap, and I generally don't crank it up that often.

Hi HandofDave,

I beg to disagree. If you ever get the chance to hear a good hi-fi you'll be aware that you computer and generic stereo are not doing the music any favours.

I'd be happy to demonstrate if you're eever in the North East of Scotland

Sootickle
MC
638 posts

Dec 02, 2006, 15:56
Hi Gladwin,

I'm curious about Sugden's Class A output ,any idea how it copes with difficult loads like Dynaudios. My Linn Classik (about 50w) couldn't drive them to their best potential, so I got the NAD power amp to up the wattage.

Would be interested in trying the Dyns out on the end of Sugden.
error12345
1 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 12:43
Nice!

Same here my sound system is not responding from an hour i tried solving it but it is not getting solved but recently installed quick book in my device and it's showing some issues which i cannot understand i tried solving it by own but not able to actually while transaction it is showing some issues and showing some error message then i contact this website https://quickbooksupports.co/
they helped me to solve the issues related to Quickbook.
lawrence2
106 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 13:41
Right now just using an Ion USB turntable which luckily is a model with a magnetic cartridge (avoid anything with a ceramic cartridge, especially those junky Crosley ones...) Also been plugging a cassette walkman into the Aux jack so I can play cassettes. And just now I've learned to play instruments through the Aux jack as well, with a mixer serving as the middleman... BTW off topic but I've been playing around with a BSR Spatial Enhancer I got for 5 dollars... This is something about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzuFABoYFsU
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2018, 16:28
Apr 02, 2018, 16:22
Currently:

Sugden A21a Class A amplifier
Sugden CD-21 CD player
Project Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable
Pioneer PDR-509 CD recorder
PMC DB1+ speakers on Custom Audio stands

Apologies to MC for not responding to the 2006 question a few posts above - never saw it, but as it happens I couldn't have answered!
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 18:36
wow! this one is from the vault of times!!!
lawrence2
106 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 18:54
What? The Spatial Enhancer?
MC
638 posts

Apr 03, 2018, 16:46
No worries, my system all changed. Now a half size TEAC CD player into a small Tube amp made in Hong Kong (Kingko KA101), with Dali Fazon f5 speakers.
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Apr 12, 2018, 21:42
I've had some fairly exotic gear in the past- a Linn Sondek, then a massively heavy Townshend turntable and silly priced cartridges and Linn's over engineered Sara speakers but now more than happy with a relatively humble vintage Thorens record player that kinda does a better job tbh...
Also vintage Cambridge pre/power amps (overhauled/ungraded and sounding magnificent) and Royd floorstanding speakers.
CD rips and digital downloads are taken care of via a Foobar2000 PC media player and Fidelizer software - both free- and sound better than any CD player I ever did have...
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index