Your stereo sound system

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: Your stereo sound system
Nov 29, 2006, 23:21
got a cambridge audio dvd/dvd-a/sacd deck for 200 quid from richer sounds, feeding a sony 5.1 amp and 5 gale speakers, plus a gale sub woof woof. i feed it mp3s mostly but like to play surround stuff through it too, but you can't get a 5.1 mix of topo. massive iTunes library is streamed via airtunes round the house. best speakers are genelecs in bedroom which i use for monitoring logic and ableton live. i'm not allowed to play loud music after midnight but i normally listen at a sensible volume anyway. got one of them bose ipod speakers which is pretty good. plug ipod into car stereo for driving music or listen through some classy headphones that go right in your ear. name escapes me now. listen to radio 4 on dab in the kitchen before i go to work... when i'm writing the speakers on macbook pro laptop do me - they have this weird surround sound effect which can be quite disconcerting... got a technics deck but it's not plugged in at the moment...
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2006, 13:28
Nov 30, 2006, 13:28
Mine is my PC hooked up to a Kenwood integrated amp and pushing out sound through 4 speakers I found at the tip.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Nov 30, 2006, 23:46
I've never been very savvy about audiophilia.

I have a couple of labtec computer speakers in my office, and some kind of generic stereo downstairs.

It all comes down to how loud you want to play your stuff without it sounding like crap, and I generally don't crank it up that often.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2601 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 00:07
In me living room, Arcam pre and power amps (95 wpc combined) feeding a Rega Planer 3 turntable with Goldring Eroica cartridge and an Arcam CD player with classy old B&W DM4's inherited offa the old man, held up with spiked Target stands. Chord interconnects throughout. Great for classical.

In me bedroom, Cambridge Audio 65 wpc integrated amp feeding a Cambridge Audio DAB tuner, a Pioneer CD/DVD/SACD player, a Denon cassette deck and a Technics Minidisc recorder, with Wharfedale speakers - I forget the model numbers. Great for rock. Never got into surround sound - it just doesn't interest me.

Mind you, these days I listen to most music on my iPod or in my car, such is the pace of the modern world.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 05:04
A crappy CD/radio/cassette combo that the kids can trash by pressing all the buttons, feeding my beloved Mission speakers which were shipped from London with our few belongings. My days of SME arms, Quads, Nakamichis and Nikon cameras ended about twelve years ago when we downsized ourselves. (if thats the right expression)
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2018, 16:28
Dec 01, 2006, 13:12
Sugden A21a integrated amplifier
Sugden CD21 CD player
PMC DB1+ speakers on Custom Audio stands
Rotel RP-955 turntable
Pioneer PDR509 CD recorder

Love the Sugden stuff - Class A is the only way!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 13:48
http://www.thisoldtoy.com/new-images/images-ok/2000s/FP2205-EB248938595-B.jpg
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 14:03
You can stack records on mine. Note that I've stolen one of your blue records LL.

http://static.flickr.com/56/128045584_7f7f36698e_m.jpg
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 14:45
LOL! we used to have one of those, seem to remember Claire de la Lune was my favourite of the discs, mind I was about 5 years old at the time heheh. was looking to see if I could buy one for my own little ones a few years ago, but ended up very disappointed to find Fisher-Price no longer sell them, hardly surprising though come to think about it.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Dec 01, 2006, 16:27
'Camptown Races' was the most played on mine, was the green disk.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index