Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2006, 09:41
Your stereo sound system
Nov 29, 2006, 08:45
Music is part of our lifes. We all here "breath music" and it comes to my mind to know what your sound system is.

My stereo sound system is composed by a AMC stereo integrated amplifier 3050a, a AMC compact disc player and the floor standing loud speakers are Infinity's Alpha 30. The interconect cables are Straight Wire's "chorus" and the speakers cables are Straight Wire's "rhythm".

And it rocks...
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: Your stereo sound system
Nov 29, 2006, 09:21
It's made up of
Pink Triangle record deck
Nakamichi tape deck
Sony cd player (wuth an incredibly sturdy cd drawer)
Arcam Tuner
Linn Amplifier
Floor standing Rogers speakers

They came with the one I spend my life with (ie they were 'his' but now they are 'ours' hehe)

Not sure about the output, but very loud, crystalline and brilliant and all that. We do need a new stylus however. And some headphone wire, which costs more than the headphones!
x
Adman
Adman
157 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 14:40
Marantz CD63MkII Ki Signature CD Player linked to Cambridge Audio DacMagic2 DAC Converter and Creek4330 Amplifier. All this stuff was bought very cheap on eBay and sounds a million dollars (despite being around 10 years old).

The best purchase I made on eBay was the Musical Fidelity x10d Tube Buffer. This little beauty sits between the CD Player/DAC and the Amp and contains valves(tubes) to give a lovely warm sound (like vinyl). I have even replaced the valves with some from Russian Mig Fighter Planes (again bought on eBay) which lift the sound to a new level.

If you find it hard to listen to the harsh sound of cd I would highly recommend you try the Musical Fidelity x10d.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 15:14
I have nads. They're the bollox.
bolox
bolox
311 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 16:19
Yeah. I like valves too - particularly when powering old Leak or Quad amps. I like the Quad electrostatic speakers too.
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 16:27
Adman wrote:
Marantz CD63MkII Ki Signature CD Player linked to Cambridge Audio DacMagic2 DAC Converter and Creek4330 Amplifier. All this stuff was bought very cheap on eBay and sounds a million dollars (despite being around 10 years old).

not too disimilar to what I've got (Marantz CD player and Cambridge Audio amp, and some Gale speakers courtesey of Richer Sounds Broomhill in Sheffield, cheap and cheerful and nearly 10 year old but still sounds great and packs a punch
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 16:40
After years of investment/upgrades/trade-ins/wheeling and dealing I have the following system;

Michel Gyrodec with Kontrapunkt C cartridge
Roksan Attessa CD Transport c/w DAC and Power Supply (the BEST CD player I've heard)
Nakamichi CR-8 cassette deck
Pioneer CDR 509 CD recorder
Acoustic Solutions SP111 DAB Tuner

Musical Fidelity A3CR Pre and Power

Triangle NAIA 260 speakers

and very happy I am with it.

If you ever get the chance to listen to the Roksan do it. My one cost my £700 on eBay and it was money well spent.

Chay
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 19:26
Cambridge Amp

Gale speakers with chunky copper wires n ting

Aiwa Tape deck

Aniston Deck - nice it be

And a converted DVD player for me cd's cos the old player blew up. Works fine though.
Leonard
Leonard
359 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2006, 19:29
Nov 29, 2006, 19:29
Custom pre/power amp pair made by a nice man who worked at Linn and used to *cough* acquire components and build nice things. Arcam 7SE Cd player, and er... thats it. Oh, yeah, Kef Coda 9 floorstanders, a total waste really, I should really upgrade the speakers to a pair of iQ9s. Nope, I know, considering my amps I could really blow a lot more cash on speakers, but nah, it's all diminishing returns innit ? Can't for the life of me remember the brand of speaker cable, all I know it was way-too-bloody-much-quids per metre and it doesn't fucking bend, trying to bend it results in getting a banana plug thrust up one of my nostrils at 20mph as it fights back. I could lynch an elephant with it I reckon.

Also in the room are 2x1210s a couple of panasonic varispeed CD decks, (and some denons in a box) a behringer dsp rack and a spirit 20/4. Yep, spose I should buy a decent turntable for proper sound, I'm not dumb enough to spend silly money on carts and stylii for 1210s (even if they are proper, earlier, manufactured decks before they farmed out the build work to kids somewhere in the third world).
MC
638 posts

Nov 29, 2006, 22:46
Linn Classik with preouts fed into NAD S200 to beef the sound up to 225w then into Dynaudio Contour 1.1s.

Been told by the wife I have to wait a few years before another upgrade - plan to get a Wadia 301 + amp I'm not sure about + Dynaudio 1.3SEs.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index