Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What Are The Best Durutti Column Albums ?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Adman
Adman
157 posts

Re: What Are The Best Durutti Column Albums ?
Nov 27, 2006, 15:05
Their debut album is the one I keep "returning" to (ahem no pun intended). However, make sure you hear the original album as the Factory Too version of the CD is a major cockup with missing and wrongly titled tracks. Although the Factory Too version is tempting with all the bonuses (including the must hear Hannett Testcard flexi stuff) I would avoid this shoddy release.

I own the Japanese Factory "First Four Albums" CD set - which includes the first four albums (with the correct track listing for "Return Of"). The Japanese set has sound as least as good if not better than the so called Factory Too remasters. This excellent boxset appears from time to time on eBay.

Of the later Durutti releases I really like "Someone Else's Party" the dedication to his mother (who had recently passed away) is really emotional. On this album we have "Requiem to my Mother" which neatly echoes "Requiem to a Father" on the 1979 debut "Return Of". The brief snatch of Vini's Mother voice from an ansaphone message at the end of "Somebody Else's Party" gets me every time.

Unsung Forum Index