Unsung Forum »
Mothers/Zappa Mono & Acetate

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Mothers/Zappa censored bits
Nov 28, 2006, 17:50
It was really "I can still remember Mama with her apron and her pad / feeding all the boys in Ed's cafe." Zappa said the record company people wanted to censor it because they thought it was naughty to make innuendos about tampons -- which Zappa wasn't doing, describing a diner waitress

I never picked up "WOIIFTM" on CD, but it is there on the Verve LP, or at least my copy

A version of "Mother People" off the "Mothermania" comp has the "Shut your fuckin' mouth about the length of my hair" line, and is completely different from the "WOIIFTM" version, as well.

Funny thing: that line IS on "WOIIFTM": only at the very end of side one...backwards

That British MGM "spray paint" comp of the Mothers also had a version of "Concentration Moon" with an extra small bit of creepy whispering (Gary Kellegren's, I think) mentioning something about producing the Velvet Underground.

The mono of "Freak Out" is far superior to the stereo: you hear more of Elliot Ingber's guitar, better separation and less muddy than the stereo.

Unsung Forum Index