Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
This topic is locked

90 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Tripecac
Tripecac
98 posts

Edited Nov 10, 2006, 03:18
Re: Jehovahkill Deluxe - Anyone else with a dodgy disc 1?
Nov 10, 2006, 02:57
I just ripped the original and deluxe versions of "Slow Rider" to a WAV file. I then opened both versions in an audio editor (CoolEdit). Here's what I found:

The DELUXE version looks like it was normalized to 100%. It maxes out repeatedly. The ORIGINAL version never even gets close to maxing out.

The DELUXE version sounds much louder than the ORIGINAL version. The DELUXE version has more hiss and crackle.

When I increase the volume on the ORIGINAL version so that it matches (and even exceeds) that of the DELUXE, I still don't hear any hiss or crackle. I boosted the ORIGINAL wav by 10 db and it still sounds better than the horribly crackling DELUXE version.

The DELUXE version's crackling happens even when the amplitude is not maxed out.

The DELUXE version sounds horrible on both my stereo and my computer. I know it's not just a matter of amplitude and systems' ability to handle peaks.

Beyond a doubt, the mastering job on the DELUXE is downright horrible, at least on my copy. Something went fundamentally wrong in the mastering (or manufacturing) process.

How can we get decent versions of these CDs?

What are our next steps?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index