METAL MACHINE MUSIC
Sep 26, 2006, 01:48
Do you love it or what ?
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: METAL MACHINE MUSIC
Sep 26, 2006, 01:51
I think it's a load of crap! And Lou Reed is full of shit when he talks about this album and the supposed brilliance of it's 'composition'. So far up his own exit hole... But, that's just my opinion!
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Sep 26, 2006, 08:03
aw, i'm a MMM bore + whenever anyone mentions it i feel the need to stand up + say what i feel = it's the most rocking rock record of the 1970s, best thing lou ever did outside of the first 2 velvets recs, years ahead of its time, totally modern + relevant + fun now, twentyfirst century, and anyone who doesn't like it should just fuck off + listen to elton john ... been loving that rec for years + it just sounds better + better as i get older - how many recs can you say that about?
tell you what i don't like tho - how they mastered side 4 of it on the cd ... cutting the lock groove in after only 13 mins or so? huh??? it's gotta be on vinyl!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Sep 26, 2006, 13:50
Sep 26, 2006, 13:49
Yeah, I'm into it.

On headphones is best!
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Sep 26, 2006, 14:37
I've still never heard it.

It's noise, right (and I don't say that in a derogatory way)? How does it compare now with Merzbow, Hecker etc etc..?

x
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Sep 26, 2006, 17:05
Favourably. Get it, you numpty!
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Sep 26, 2006, 21:16
"It's noise, right (and I don't say that in a derogatory way)?"

not as we now know "noise" ... sleevenotes accurately state that he was avoiding atonality ... but, sure, it's got no riffs or beats or lyrics or nuthin

" How does it compare now with Merzbow, Hecker etc etc..?"

think more how it compares w/ tony conrad or skullflower

mojojojojojojo, i'm sure you'd love it, from what i know of yr tastes
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2606 posts

Sep 26, 2006, 22:48
I'd be lying if I said I loved it, 'cos I don't...but every now and then I feel the urge to pull it out of the racks (on vinyl, natch), drool over the sleeve (surely the coolest live poses of anyone EVER), and piss everyone off in the house by playing it, for a good ten minutes or so anyway. I have only once in my life listened to it all the way through, though I do intend to get kaylied one evening and try it again. It is exhilerating, no doubt about it, but it outstays its welcome after a while.

Check out Seth's review of it in these pages. It's one of my favourite reviews. Reading that is the next best thing to hearing the record, trust me!

Can't imagine it on CD, mind. That locking groove at the end is indeed a vital element of the album, just as it is on 'Pepper', 'Camembert Electrique' and the eternally underrated 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast'! Can no-one invent a CD that plays forever?
Five
Five
960 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 02:12
How do y'all feel about the
somewhat recent live take
featuring Lou and some kinda
wacked out jazz orchestra?
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Sep 27, 2006, 04:46
Hmmmm.... I guess it's kinda cool on the 'fuck off' atitude level, but sonically speaking is very boring...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index