Radioactive Records: the enemy?

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Johnny Boy
Johnny Boy
103 posts

Re: Radioactive Records: the enemy?
Jul 03, 2006, 19:24
But if its still a bootleg, its still a bootleg.
ho Hum...
in the back of my mind, I seem to recall news that Jeff Simmons Lucille Has Messed Up My Mind was going to be reissued. Any news??
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Link (if it hasn't already been posted)
Jul 03, 2006, 20:38
http://www.nothingexceptional.com/records/radioactive.html

Thanks for the post. It really made me think.
dharmapop
1 posts

Jan 11, 2007, 20:42
Hi, All - interesting thread. I represent an artist in the US who discovered an album of his on radioactive -- does anyone have a phone number for them? If so, please e-mail it to me at [email protected]. thanks!
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Feb 02, 2007, 03:48
I heard the other day that Radioactive has shut down... I guess too many people suing the pants off 'em? To be expected, I guess. Bootleg labels shouldn't expect to stay around for long when they operate so openly. Still, I dunno how Akarma gets away with it. [Well, I do, it's because they only bootleg stuff from countries where they know the people with the rights will find it too difficult to attempt any legal action from a distance. Vicious Sloth complained to them because of stuff they'd bootlegged that Vicious Sloth still had the rights to - and had their own legal CD's on the market - but they just got fobbed off. They know that the little guys can't afford to do anything about it, and the big guys in Australia don't seem to care. So much Aussie 70's stuff from EMI has been bootlegged, but do you think EMI Australia have tried to do anything about it? Nope.
Also apparently Italy has some stupid laws that seem to make it legal in Italy to bootleg stuff under certain circumstances]
MC
638 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 14:50
I just bought what I thought was a Japanese mini lp style cd of Jake Holmes - Aboveground Sound of.... and it turns out to be a Phoenix Records CD with an OBI and a Japanese insert.

Phoenix Records is the very imaginative name that Radioactive Records now go by, bastards.
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 16:15
Im far from an expert on this topic.But isn't Bootlegging the practice of selling someone else's martial for profit without the consent of the person and without paying them there due share? That's the way I understand it and that's wrong whether or not the material was ever intended for market is irrelevant.Profiting from others work simply by selling it without their approval is wrong.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 19:20
embryonomore wrote:
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with The Fatima Mansions either...

Let's hope. The Mansions were the only thing that mattered during the 1990's.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 19:24
tinky10675 wrote:
Im far from an expert on this topic.But isn't Bootlegging the practice of selling someone else's martial for profit without the consent of the person and without paying them there due share? That's the way I understand it and that's wrong whether or not the material was ever intended for market is irrelevant.Profiting from others work simply by selling it without their approval is wrong.

Fractured but true.

I think I love you...
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Jul 15, 2008, 20:16
MC wrote:

Phoenix Records is the very imaginative name that Radioactive Records now go by, bastards.

wow. really? after bought german oak on radioactive & satori on phoenix i was shocked to learn they are one & the same label

german oak looks & sounds dodgy but FTB looks & sounds great.
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Sep 21, 2008, 16:10
does anyone know if the following labels are pirate or legit?

EREBUS - they put out digipack reissues of the first speed glue & shinki & the first gedo album... 8 page booklets with liner notes, so it doesnt sound too dodgy

GREENTREE / WALHALLA - they put out parallel world by far east family band & live stockholm 1971 by taj mahal travellers

found them on lpcdreissues.com which on one hand stocks legit stuff by emi/universal etc but on the other hand offers special deals on radioactive records releases..

any help much appreciated
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index