achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: 60s/70s HeavyBluesPsychProtoMetalFuzz
Mar 04, 2006, 02:56
Mad Dog - 617 [US]
Magi - Win Or Lose [US]
Mahogany Rush - Maxoom; Child of the Novelty [Canada]
Mariani - Perpetuum Mobile [US; I'll never understand why some people, like myself and friends, think this is wicked, whereas others think it is ordinary or that it sucks...]
Master's Apprentices - Choice Cuts; Nickelodeon; A Toast To Panama Red [Australia]
May Blitz - s/t; The 2nd of May [UK]
MC5 of course...
Message - From Books and Dreams [Germany; debut A Dawn Anew Is Coming is also great, but this is the heavier one]
Moby Dick - s/t [Italy]
Modulo 1000 - Nao Fale Come Paredes [Brazil; not typical heavy rock, rather weird alien heavy psych fuzzed to the max]
Moses - Changes [Denmark]
Mott the Hoople - Live [man, there's sure some heavy riffage here]
Mountain - Climbing; Nantucket Sleighride; and by default Leslie West's Mountain, which is really the first Mountain album
Nazareth - s/t; Razamanaz; Loud'n'Proud [UK]
Necromandus - Necrothology [UK]
Necronomicon - Tips Zum Selbstmord [Germany]
Nektar - Sounds Like This [UK; a little patchy, but there is some great heavy stuff on here, their best album in the heavy riffage and space-rockin' stakes, although Journey to the Centre of the Eye is great too, just different]
Night Sun - Mournin' [Germany; review to come, this is just crazy]
November - En Ny Tid Ar Har...; 2:a November; 6:e November [Sweden]
N.S.U. - Turn On Or Turn Me Down [UK]
Nu - Cuentos de Ayer y de Hoy [Spain; no doubt they have other albums equally as great but this is the only one I've heard - like Sabbath meets High Tide!]
Orange Peel - s/t [Germany; more of a hard psych-prog thing really, bit of a Deep Purple influence]
Orion's Beethoven - Superangel; Tercer Milenio [Argentina; review to come for both albums]
Osage Tribe - Arrowhead [Italy]
Osanna - Palepoli [Italy; very much a prog album, but there is some ferocious heavy rockin' out here, not a typical prog album by any stretch...]

I'll pick up again later from 'P'. Hope this is worthwhile to some of you!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index