JC Rarities Compilation

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: JC Rarities Compilation
Mar 07, 2009, 03:10
I'd love to hear that other version of My Pagan Ass (nudge nudge) if anyone has the means.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Mar 08, 2009, 02:38
"Christmas Mourning" is on FLOORED GENIUS 2 if that helps.

Which albums are hard to find these days, the older ones or more recent?
LunarTunes
107 posts

Edited Mar 08, 2009, 13:20
Mar 08, 2009, 02:48
Glam Descendant wrote:
"Christmas Mourning" is on FLOORED GENIUS 2 if that helps.

Which albums are hard to find these days, the older ones or more recent?

Interesting. I didn't realize that they were the same (i.e. the B-Side was a BBC session)...

As for which albums are hard to find, I'd say it's the recent ones that disappear from the Merchandiser rather quickly. I guess enough of the Mercury, Island and Echo ones were originally pressed that they turn up in used shops more regularly. But things that pop up for sale on this site in limited quantities are tougher to find and will cost more once located. As an example, here's what I missed and haven't found since it became out-of-print:

THE TEARDROP EXPLODES:

Piano CD (1990)
Zoology CD (2004)

JULIAN COPE:

The Modern Antiquarian CDEP (2000)
Discover Odin CDEP (2001)
Live Japan '91 CD (2004)
Concert Climax: Saint Julian Cope Live In Hearing Of The Motherfucker CD (2006)

BRAIN DONOR:

Too Freud To Rock ā€˜Nā€™ Roll, Too Jung To Die 2CD (2002)
Thekla CD (2007)

COMPILATIONS:

Cornucopea CD (2000)
Due To Lack Of Interest, Tomorrow Has Been Cancelled CD (2005)

I won't make the mistake of waiting until I have the money again! From now on, I guess, it's buy when released...

Peace.
marinade
marinade
306 posts

Mar 08, 2009, 02:53
Hello!

Somewhat late to this thread, but if you haven't transferred Belief in Him off vinyl yet, I bunged a link to it on here ages ago and still have the mp3 on me desktop. Should you need it.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Has anyone mentioned...
Mar 15, 2009, 07:01
"Grim Reaper Is A Krautrocker"? I reckon that's a rarity these days.
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Has anyone mentioned...
Mar 15, 2009, 20:39
I did - and it's on the list
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Apr 01, 2009, 17:51
Is it a real release or not?

The Unsung section of the main website has a number of radio shows of which 3 are called Radio Rome.

Radio Rome 2 has Julian reciting Socrates Mine Enemey, which I'm not sure appears elsewhere.

(Radio Rome 1 lists Supormodel by Brain Donor, but the whole radio show seems to have disappeared).
Brik
586 posts

Apr 09, 2009, 18:12
So is this compilation happening, or are we trading? Or neither and we're just listing? I'm fine with that, for what it's worth. I like lists.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Apr 11, 2009, 01:58
Vybik Jon wrote:
Is it a real release or not?

The Unsung section of the main website has a number of radio shows of which 3 are called Radio Rome.

Radio Rome 2 has Julian reciting Socrates Mine Enemey, which I'm not sure appears elsewhere.

(Radio Rome 1 lists Supormodel by Brain Donor, but the whole radio show seems to have disappeared).

I haven't checked any of these out myself yet. I guess if they're here on the website, they're official...

Peace.
LunarTunes
107 posts

Apr 11, 2009, 02:00
Brik wrote:
So is this compilation happening, or are we trading? Or neither and we're just listing? I'm fine with that, for what it's worth. I like lists.

Well, there's a good question! I was making a list because I've wanted to compile this stuff for myself for a few years. So when (if?) I've got it all, I plan to do so. But could such a thing be shared here? And if so, how?...

Peace.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index