HH Overrated albums Top 10

84 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Chaosmonger
977 posts

Re: HH Overrated albums Top 10
Oct 06, 2005, 02:02
Mine:

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (and its probably one of my favorites haha..I love The Smiths but they never made that ALBUM TO END ALL OF THEIR ALBUMS album, know what I mean? Now that Smiths comp. that I made, on the other hand...)
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's (as I said before, just because it's not their best work. These days though, it's starting to become underrated because of its "overrated" backlash! The Beatles were the best imo and deserve 95% of their reputation dag nabit)
Television - Marquee Moon (just because it's not one of the best albums I've ever laid ears on, as most say it is. It is really fucking good though.)
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (I have to admit, after getting into T. Rex, this one doesn't have the zing it used to have)
Brian Eno - Music For Airports (agree with the others on here, though I haven't run into too many people that overrate it in my personal life)
Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St. (only slightly! Because there's a few duff tracks on it..could've cut maybe 3..or 4? Not sure which ones this minute though..definitely "Shake Your Hips!")
The Who - Tommy (not "his" best indeed)
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (much like Television: very good but not the best fucking album ever, dammit)
The Stooges - Fun House (Though I may be wrong! The Stooges just haven't totally 'hit me' yet..I like them quite a bit but I don't understand why this is revered as one of the top albums of ALL TIME..I may laugh at this sentence in a year or so?)

I disagree about Pet Sounds! Love it!
Mike
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index